• Cloud (KO)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Villan
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Bernard Hopkins will fight Tavoris Cloud (pending IBF approval) March 9 at Barclays Centre in New York."

:think

I guess Cleverly's mandatory got in the way... :wales

· Prize prick!!
5,197 Posts
Think it was unlikely that we'd get Burns-Broner and Clev-Hopkins within a month of each other. From Warren's point of view why put his two stars in major, risky fights in consecutive months. They could very well both lose. What if Hopkins wins? Hopkins probably will still want the Clev fight to unify and retire, he'll be 6 months older and its a more credible for Clev if B-Hop is a champion. I mean one big fight every three months is probably what's keeping them afloat (wild guess I admit), so he's never going to risk losing both of his fighters so close together.

Think it will happen but in the summer of 2012, provided B-Hop wins.

· wow very uch rilm
10,590 Posts
Hopkins was fighting like a journeyman last time out. He should retire man, the 2nd Pascal fight was a fitting way to end a great career.

If he beats Cloud it would be great though, can't see anything in Cloud's aresenal to trouble Hopkins who would be able to spoil, clinch and outwork up close his way to a decision.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Hopkins was fighting like a journeyman last time out. He should retire man, the 2nd Pascal fight was a fitting way to end a great career.
I always find boxing fans are far far too quick to go 'he should retire' but in this case I think youre right - with the pavlik & pascal fights being brilliant to watch and incredible for a guy his age they were perfect to go out on whereas the Dawson fights just reminded you of boring spoiler clinching cheating Hopkins from the Calzaghe and Taylor fights - left a bad taste in the mouth when he could have gone out on such a high.

I hope Im wrong and he can turn the clock back again and still put on another great show but I can just see any of his fights being pretty crap from now on and Im not sure theres any need to do so.

· Registered
312 Posts
Probably be a boring messy affair, B-hop will neutralize Cloud by clinching and taking away his power punches. Even though he is ridiculously fit for his age, he has to use those tactics for longevity of his own career.

Cant really see him and Cleverly coming off. I don't think he would come over here to fight.

· Gone.
5,771 Posts
If Hopkins doesn't get old overnight I can see him winning this definitely. Would like to see it happen.
Hopkins getting old overnight? How much older does he need to get?

Wide UD. The longer he fights on, the more chance he has of getting stopped. Cleverly would easily outhustle him anyway. Yeah he's got the tricks, the basics and the defense, but he doesn't have the output. Its even more abysmal than usual. You can't win fights just clinching, and he's never been a fighter who can deal with it when its not going his own way. He'll shut down immediately.

· Registered
6,537 Posts
hopkins needs to give it a rest, hes gotta to be one of the most boring fighters ever... tbf though i suppose thats why hes still fighting at nearly 50 years old, he spoils fights and doesnt get hit... i like technical fights, but hopkins just holds... i see cloud winning on points...

· Registered
17,509 Posts
hopkins needs to give it a rest, hes gotta to be one of the most boring fighters ever... tbf though i suppose thats why hes still fighting at nearly 50 years old, he spoils fights and doesnt get hit... i like technical fights, but hopkins just holds... i see cloud winning on points...
Watching Hopkins (at least in the last few years) is a bit of an enigma really. Sometimes he's really bad to watch but then every now and then he'll pull off amazing performances like against Pavlik and Pascal. It's gonna be even harder next time but I wouldn't be all that shocked if he could somehow do a similar thing Cloud.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.