Boxing Forums banner

How genuine do you think Dillian Whyte's injury is?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair, I'll offer a correction, I don't think whyte is scared of Wallin and if Fury fight wasn't there I've got no doubt he'd fight him
I don't think many fighters at this level are 'scared' of anyone but there are occasions when they are scared of the possibility they might lose to somebody.

This Whyte-Wallin situation has the look of someone in Whyte's camp, perhaps himself, having done a risk vs reward assessment and decided Wallin isn't worth the risk and as @James14 said, the Povetkin loss and subsequent set back is something Whyte would not be looking to repeat.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hearn only too happy to be transparent about Matchroom suffering a six figure loss on the card this weekend after Dillian Whyte pulled out but no sign of that scan everybody wants to see.

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
For more hilarity, check out the end of Babic vs Molina.

At the post-fight interview, Dillian Whyte comes out to sit next to Babic & spew some BS about his shoulder "injury." Meanwhile, at the same time, there's Babic WITH HIS ENTIRE ARM DRAPED OVER BOTH OF WHYTE'S SHOULDERS, for like five minutes.

Yeah, OK. Whyte's shoulder is badly injured and stuff.

Absolutely.

No question about it.

(I think Babic did it on purpose, and Whyte was too thick to pick up on it. Babic thus got two KO's in one night.)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For more hilarity, check out the end of Babic vs Molina.

At the post-fight interview, Dillian Whyte comes out to sit next to Babic & spew some BS about his shoulder "injury." Meanwhile, at the same time, there's Babic WITH HIS ENTIRE ARM DRAPED OVER BOTH OF WHYTE'S SHOULDERS, for like five minutes.

Yeah, OK. Whyte's shoulder is badly injured and stuff.

Absolutely.

No question about it.

(I think Babic did it on purpose, and Whyte was too thick to pick up on it. Babic thus got two KO's in one night.)
Would have laughed if he had clutched in pain at the wrong shoulder.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is evident by now there was no injury. The reason Whyte pulled out is 3 fold :

1. The risk of losing to Wallan and losing a title fight against Fury.

2. If he became Fury's mandatory, by beating Wallan, ironically it may have put him in a weaker negotiating position when it came to terms for the Fury fight.

3. There is pending legal action between Whyte and the WBC and that may well be why the WBC have 'endorsed' his fake injury claim.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,418 Posts
It is evident by now there was no injury. The reason Whyte pulled out is 3 fold :

1. The risk of losing to Wallan and losing a title fight against Fury.

2. If he became Fury's mandatory, by beating Wallan, ironically it may have put him in a weaker negotiating position when it came to terms for the Fury fight.

3. There is pending legal action between Whyte and the WBC and that may well be why the WBC have 'endorsed' his fake injury claim.
Again this is just speculation, only Whyte and his team know the truth so unless one of them speaks out we will never know. You can make up lots of plausible theories but I haven't a scrap of evidence.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts