Boxing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frank Warren has opened up a hornets nest with this show and is unapologetic about it. The BBBOC are issuing threats as a result, and the EBU also got involved this week.

Therefore how could have it been done differently?

I think he should have gone abroad with the show and the Luxemburg Board angle would not have been such a big issue

The Malaga FC or Real Mallorca stadiums could have been packed with Brits in July. Ireland, Algarve or even across the Channel Tunnel would be big.

· Registered
7,307 Posts
Frank Warren has opened up a hornets nest with this show and is unapologetic about it. The BBBOC are issuing threats as a result, and the EBU also got involved this week.

Therefore how could have it been done differently?

I think he should have gone abroad with the show and the Luxemburg Board angle would not have been such a big issue

The Malaga FC or Real Mallorca stadiums could have been packed with Brits in July. Ireland, Algarve or even across the Channel Tunnel would be big.
I actually think @Warren has gone about it perfectly. This fight means nothing in the big scheme, it's a pure grudge match hyped in controversy. Warren has to feed off that, neither are top 10 guys but this is a fight meant to attract a world audience. Making it out to be an unsanctioned barely legal fight between two savages is the perfect ploy. I bet on fight night they show the munich scenes as a build up and market this as the big rematch.

· Registered
738 Posts
He had to strike whilst the iron was hot. Waiting for Chisora to have his license renewed and for Haye to be granted a new license, coulda took an age, by which time the general public have lost any interest. Happening so soon after all the shit that went down has ensured it's gonna be as big an event and as big a seller as possible.

Obviously it's divided opinion from everyone...the hardcore the casual and Joe whatever on the street, but that's all positive in my book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.