Boxing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Well, my good friend Deontay Wilder. It’s time to bring some Christmas cheer to the great heavyweight,” said Eddie Hearn.

“You still have so much to give and so many great fights, and I’ve got the perfect guy for you—Dereck ‘ War’ Chisora. Come on, he’s getting on a little bit, and he’s coming off three defeats on the spin now.

“It’s an easy fight for Deontay Wilder. Dereck is ready. Deontay, you were great last time out. I’ll see you back in the ring. Wilder vs. Chisora coming to you in 2022,” said Hearn.

Shame Eddie Hearn, shame

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
“Well, my good friend Deontay Wilder. It’s time to bring some Christmas cheer to the great heavyweight,” said Eddie Hearn.

“You still have so much to give and so many great fights, and I’ve got the perfect guy for you—Dereck ‘ War’ Chisora. Come on, he’s getting on a little bit, and he’s coming off three defeats on the spin now.

“It’s an easy fight for Deontay Wilder. Dereck is ready. Deontay, you were great last time out. I’ll see you back in the ring. Wilder vs. Chisora coming to you in 2022,” said Hearn.

Shame Eddie Hearn, shame
Thought he was talking about Wilder for a minute (then I remembered he did actually get 1 or 2 wins after his miraculous "draw" against Fury)

That was a good article aside from the vitriol the writer was spewing against Alvarez, he used the last half of the section to hate on the Mexican, I guess this is what they mean when they say it's hard at the top. These people won't be happy unless he fights Joshua but I digress, I don't see any problem with Hearn trying to get his guy a fight of this magnitude, he doesn't "deserve" it but since he won't retire Hearn has to do his job and securing Wilder would be a great job for Chisora, what he needs to do is sit Andrade down and let him know that he can't do anything for him and offer to release him

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought he was talking about Wilder for a minute (then I remembered he did actually get 1 or 2 wins after his miraculous "draw" against Fury)

That was a good article aside from the vitriol the writer was spewing against Alvarez, he used the last half of the section to hate on the Mexican, I guess this is what they mean when they say it's hard at the top. These people won't be happy unless he fights Joshua but I digress, I don't see any problem with Hearn trying to get his guy a fight of this magnitude, he doesn't "deserve" it but since he won't retire Hearn has to do his job and securing Wilder would be a great job for Chisora, what he needs to do is sit Andrade down and let him know that he can't do anything for him and offer to release him
How do you think Del Boy would fare against Wilder?

I think he would get hospitalized.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
That is one of the worst matchups stylisticlly that Chisora could be offered

I say fight Arreola win and wait for Fury to beat Whyte then try for a Whyte trilogy or Helenius

Chisora needs to stay away from the elite but he can still make money beating the guys outside of the top 10 or cash out against Joyce

·
delivering the truth
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Del Boy's trainer David Coldwell has told Eddie Hearn to "put away the sherry" after hearing Hearn suggest Chisora and Wilder should fight each other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts