Boxing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Casuals are where the money is. There are far more casual boxing fans than diehards.
Exactly just looking at the level of interest the views and comments on youtube the Tabloid hype. This will be a huge event.

Certainly more worthy of being PPV then Chisora vs Parker or Kell Brook vs Frankie Gavin or Okolie vs Chamberlain. And all other second rate PPV events we have had in recent year. And all the so-called hardcore despite saying they have no interest are all commenting on it. And by the time the fight happens most of them will pay for it.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,488 Posts
All the casuals will pay for it.
I would be surprised, I can't imagine there being much hype around it. Surely Casuals watch the fights of the "In" fighters, Khan and Brook have hardly been mentioned in years?

·
buff it good
5,158 Posts
Exactly just looking at the level of interest the views and comments on youtube the Tabloid hype. This will be a huge event.

Certainly more worthy of being PPV then Chisora vs Parker or Kell Brook vs Frankie Gavin or Okolie vs Chamberlain. And all other second rate PPV events we have had in recent year. And all the so-called hardcore despite saying they have no interest are all commenting on it. And by the time the fight happens most of them will pay for it.
Looking around, there is a lot of interest and some will watch the fight just to see the one they like least lose.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I would be surprised, I can't imagine there being much hype around it. Surely Casuals watch the fights of the "In" fighters, Khan and Brook have hardly been mentioned in years?
The fact that the press conference was Jammed with media. Youtube is flooded videos of the press conference with thousands of views. There are headlines and articles in every UK tabloid and News Paper about this fight. The Hashtags #KhanBrook and #Khan were trending on twitter in the U.K. for a good 6 hours or so. Shows the hype.

Khan is all always in the Tabloids and is famous for being famous and alot of people wanna see get knocked out.

Reactions: Randy Hickey

·
1,488 Posts
The fact that the press conference was Jammed with media. Youtube is flooded videos of the press conference with thousands of views. There are headlines and articles in every UK tabloid and News Paper about this fight. The Hashtags #KhanBrook and #Khan were trending on twitter in the U.K. for a good 6 hours or so. Shows the hype.

Khan is all always in the Tabloids and is famous for being famous and alot of people wanna see get knocked out.
Sad indictment really as there are many much more deserving fighters at this point to get a big PPV fight, I don't read tabloids or use social media so I didn't see the hype. I suppose it's the same thing as the Jake Paul nonsense, doesn't matter whether you are good or not as long as you are famous.

·
delivering the truth
645 Posts
Sad indictment really as there are many much more deserving fighters at this point to get a big PPV fight, I don't read tabloids or use social media so I didn't see the hype. I suppose it's the same thing as the Jake Paul nonsense, doesn't matter whether you are good or not as long as you are famous.
Truth is you just don't know what is going on

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Probably not until Chris Algieri Vs Conor Benn has taken place.

Khan is most likely gonna wait and see how much Eddie Hearn offers for him to fight Conor Benn. Before deciding who to take a beating from.

If Hearn offers a bigger paycheck for a fight with Benn then thats the route Khan will go.
Benn says he will be ringside for Khan-Brook on February 19 and "wants the winner."

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This fight will be worth watching just to see how badly the loser takes the loss and how many excuses they have for it.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
This fight will be worth watching just to see how badly the loser takes the loss and how many excuses they have for it.
You wont need to watch the fight to see the post fight reactions.

Kell Brook is gonna ice Amir Khan. And wake up in 10 years time and realise Khan is still more famous than him.

Danny Williams beat Audley Harrison and Mike Tyson. Years later the average person the street dont know who he is. Audley Harrison still has greater name recognition.

Steve Collins beat both Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn twice. Despite his two victories over both. He has fallen back into obscurity and Eubank and Benn all these years later are still house hold names.

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
1,488 Posts
This is such a sideshow. It's a novelty has no real value except for soap opera for those who like such things.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Is Khan vs Brook a fixed fight...?

Amir Khan mentioned during the press conference that his mate Maz. Was involved in the negotiations. I came across the following article below from Sky-sports as to how the fight was finally negotiated they mentioned a guy named Mazhar Majeed was acting as Khans manager. That name seemed familiar Mazhar Majeed was the sports agent involved in the infamous Spot Fixing betting scandal over a decade ago involving Pakistan Players in a Cricket Match vs England. He along with 3 Pakistan Players served a prison sentence after being exposed in a newspaper sting carried out by the News Of The World.

Whatsmore then I looked up if he had any connections to Boxing I found an article from the Daily Mail about him being David Hayes adviser and involved in his negotiations to fight Tony Bellew.

I have posted that article below as well. So we are potentially looking at a notorious sports Fixer involved in negotiations for fights involving two of Britains biggest boxing stars. And in the most crooked and corrupt of sport of all boxing.

Surprised the Tabloids have not picked up on this story. Or put two and two together.

It also raises the question of whether Hayes first fight with Bellew was fixed.

(It is possible the Mazhar Majeed involved with Khan is a totally different person and not the notorious sports fixer )

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
4,273 Posts

·
1,488 Posts
The highlights of the Press conference on Sky Sports channel has 550 000 plus views.

To put this into perspective the Froch vs Groves 2 fight on youtube has only 527 000 views.

The way its looking this will do bigger numbers then any non-heavyweight fight on U.K. shores.

Probably be second only too AJ Vs Klitchsko for a fight in U.K. shores.
Fucking casuals man.....

·
Super Moderator
3,109 Posts
Not sure there is much interest in this fight at all now - maybe 5 years ago.

I do find it interesting though that Conor Benn has suggested he would fight the winner.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts