Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Anti-Bully
13,074 Posts
It's barely even a lounge tbh... it is ripe for a take-over by a whole other crowd, it's like a free forum to anyone who wants it.

It could be an American OTH.

• Haha
Reactions: Randy Hickey

·
Camden born and bred
435 Posts
It's barely even a lounge tbh... it is ripe for a take-over by a whole other crowd, it's like a free forum to anyone who wants it.

It could be an American OTH.
Site was only recently sold. What sense would it make for them to now give it away for free?

·
The Anti-Bully
13,074 Posts
Site was only recently sold. What sense would it make for them to now give it away for free?
No I don't mean people purchasing it, CHB and by extension OTH have existed almost entirely on the same group of people who left ESB back in the day. There's very few regular posters on the site anymore and it's open to a whole new crowd that would change the face of this site.

One of the main criticisms of CHB then and OTH now is that it's very Brit-Centric, a splash of Euros and very few North Americans. By contrast ESB was mostly Americans but had a huge amount of Brit/EU posters, it really lent something to the feel of the site and the banter between the Americans and Euros was fun.

Generally speaking, Brits can get involved in discussions on American media and news but the reverse isn't so easy, what the fuck does an American know about some obscure Eastenders reference or a story about some Brit MP?

The problem with the owners of this site is where do they find those people ad attract them to start posting.

Reactions: Joe E

·
Camden born and bred
435 Posts
No I don't mean people purchasing it, CHB and by extension OTH have existed almost entirely on the same group of people who left ESB back in the day. There's very few regular posters on the site anymore and it's open to a whole new crowd that would change the face of this site.

One of the main criticisms of CHB then and OTH now is that it's very Brit-Centric, a splash of Euros and very few North Americans. By contrast ESB was mostly Americans but had a huge amount of Brit/EU posters, it really lent something to the feel of the site and the banter between the Americans and Euros was fun.

Generally speaking, Brits can get involved in discussions on American media and news but the reverse isn't so easy, what the fuck does an American know about some obscure Eastenders reference or a story about some Brit MP?

The problem with the owners of this site is where do they find those people ad attract them to start posting.
Just post or don't post. It is just a boxing forum. You are taking this thing way too seriously.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,074 Posts
Just post or don't post. It is just a boxing forum. You are taking this thing way too seriously.
Huh, the fuck?

I'm taking this too seriously, where in the fuck are you getting an idea like that from a post saying you basically have an empty forum for any new group of fresh blood to take over?

I couldn't care less, I post here, OTH and ESB.

You're a weird dude bro.

·
Camden born and bred
435 Posts
Huh, the fuck?

I'm taking this too seriously, where in the fuck are you getting an idea like that from a post saying you basically have an empty forum for any new group of fresh blood to take over?

I couldn't care less, I post here, OTH and ESB.

You're a weird dude bro.
Like I said way too seriously :love:

·
BAD MOTHERFUCKER
9,927 Posts
Generally speaking, Brits Europeans can get involved in discussions on American media and news but the reverse isn't so easy, what the fuck does an American know about some obscure Eastenders reference or a story about some Brit MP?
The sun rises over New England and sets over California.

What is does the rest of the time doesn't matter much, does it?

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
Honestly, It's not really a boxing forum anymore. Nobody bothers to even do RBRs anymore. I had to go over to OTH this past weekend for some RBR action. Truthfully the only reason I am on this site is because of the familiarity of the posters, but everyone is starting to leave. I still have my ESB account and my account at OTH, so I will probably be moving soon. This place has been mismanaged for years, TBH. Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but it's true. There were some changes that were not good for the sight, and here we are. It's a shame, as most of us migrated here to support this place, and is a shell of what it used to be. TBH, it was always ESB-lite.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts