Boxing Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Matchroom's Spark-Love fight ended in the most bizarre of circumstances with Love throwing Spark over the top rope wrestling style and being DQed.
This was unusual, the ending I mean. He was Dqd without warning or having ever suffered any point deduction but I am satisfied with the ref's decision. First Love told the doctor he couldn't see so that they could go to the scorecards but remarkably the doctor told him to continue anyway :LOL: (probably suspected he was lying like the rest of us) and so then he deliberately shoves him out of the ring despite the ref calling for the break.

As far as I'm aware there's no requirement for the ref to deduct points first or even issue a warning, the rules meeting takes place before the fight starts and everyone is made aware of what's OK and what isn't. ANY deliberate foul once the contest starts is done at risk of DQ. I would have preferred the ref to have let Spark finish the job though.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
A few cards on this weekend starting Friday but on Saturday night it's the return of The Bodysnatcher and (for the first time I believe) Matchroom's Eddie Hearn chaired this meeting

I just get enraged when I hear mediocre fighters rip off the Nicknames fighters from previous greats.

There was only one Body Snatcher that was Mike McCallum.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Just looked at the views for a video of a fight between 2 youtubers. Deiji vs Fouseytube 5.2 million lol. In comparison AJ vs Usyk 1 has 3.2 million. Second fight only 888k.

Looks like the youtubers are the future.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
John Ryder defeats the previously unbeaten Zach Parker with a 5th round TKO. Parker quit after damaging his right hand. Up until that point I was waiting for the fight to actually start, The Gorilla now hopeful that he'll get to challenge the undisputed champion in his next outing.

Across the pond the vacant WBC World Super-Lightweight title was up for grabs when the top two ranked contenders faced off on PPV. Zepeda off to a good start, his timing was good and the jab stiff and accurate but as the fight went on the former champion took over, the commenatators gave him the second, I disagreed but from 3 onwards I couldn't find anything for Zepeda.

No need for the judges in the end, Regis Prograis stopped Jose Zepeda to ensure victory in the 11th and at the post-fight press conference confirmed that Zepeda was one of if not his toughest opponents to date. He also says that Josh Taylor is top of his hitlist, he's gunning for that rematch.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Taking a look at December's boxing schedule I see Manny Pacquaio is fighting on December 11th in South Korea against some guy who's never boxed before. Looks like he's doing a Mayweather

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Taking a look at December's boxing schedule I see Manny Pacquaio is fighting on December 11th in South Korea against some guy who's never boxed before. Looks like he's doing a Mayweather
Guaranteed to be a poor spectacle for those gullible enough to pay for it but it is a license to print money for Pacquiao, just as it has been for Mayweather.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts