Boxing Forums banner

Jack Johnson Sparring At 60yr... Legend

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  NoMas 
#1 ·
love this video, dude still had a slick defense haha

#2 ·
aye...great video...and hearing johnson just talking is good......they (jeanette and johnson) fought 10 times you know.........jeanette and sam langford fought 14 times!!...and jeanette never fought until he was 25 years old.....he supposedly always felt bitter at johnson for not giving him a crack at the title.
jeanette fought sam mcvey over nearly 50 rounds lasting almost half a day and got of the floor 22 times to beat mc vey!!

another version of that video..

#13 ·
is that an auto-biography?....its got a different writer...i've heard that book mentioned a lot
dont matter, i'll get that one too then.....beats watching the shite thats on telly lately anyway, eh
its actually a biography, ive seen the documentary of the same name, and the book shits over it, its mad detailed... some of the stories are hilarious... looking at the comments on youtube of the jack sparring video i posted up, some dude reminded me of a story from the book... jack was a real petrolhead, and oldbill pulled him over for speeding, they gave him a $50 speeding ticket, but jack gave him a $100 and said take that, im coming back this way LMAO what a boss... i got my book from waterstones, but your prolly find it on amazon cheaper...

#15 ·
i went mad and got these along with the autobiography of jack johnson...thanks fella :)

The Greatest Boxing Stories Ever Told: Thirty Six Incredible Tales from the Ring - Jeff Silvermann; Paperback
Only 3 left in stock--order soon.
Sold by The Book Depository Ltd
Gift options not available (Learn more)
Delete · Save for later · Move to Wish List
£5.80
You save:
£4.19 ( 41%)

The Killings of Stanley Ketchel - James Carlos Blake; Paperback
Only 3 left in stock--order soon.
Sold by aphrohead_books
£4.61
You save:
£4.97 ( 51%)

Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson - Geoffrey Ward; Paperback
Condition: Used - Good
In stock
Sold by PRE-LOVED BOOKS
£1.61
You save:
£8.38 ( 83%)

Subtotal: £12.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.