Boxing Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
We don't know the contractual conditions of the DAZN deal, there could easily be a get out if he loses or AJ may have a "can retire anytime" clause. I still cannot see why he would want to take those B level fights, what about them is going to make him get up at 5am to do the training? Nothing. They would only be "Huge" if they wore world title fights, as low level fights they have little financial value especially if DAZN think they can sell them as PPV which I can't see doing more than 100-200k which would barely cover AJ's fee (and that's assuming DAZN sensibly put a significant reduction to the contract value if he loses).
Your a weird guy, take a break from the internet like I said im not arguing you will see

·
The Anti-Bully
13,583 Posts
I'd agree that it depends on the result, if he's beaten again and wants to continue in the sport, the guy is going to need a string of gimme wins to get his confidence back up there.

If he wins, potential trilogy with Usyk or possibility of tempting Fury into the fight. I wouldn't take that fight with only a few months recovery and training though.

Reactions: ThatBoxingGuy2022

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,606 Posts
I'd agree that it depends on the result, if he's beaten again and wants to continue in the sport, the guy is going to need a string of gimme wins to get his confidence back up there.

If he wins, potential trilogy with Usyk or possibility of tempting Fury into the fight. I wouldn't take that fight with only a few months recovery and training though.
I really couldn't see what the plan would be at that point if he loses? Hope that Fury really retires and relinquishes the WBC belt and hope he can get a chance to fight for it? I presume if that does happen Usyk will want to scoop it up anyway which rules AJ out. There is very little chance that he could fight Usyk a third time without probably beating at least two of Joyce/Dubois/Wilder and even then it would seem like a long shot. Assuming he could make and win those fights that would likely take us into 2024 anyway by which time he'll be 35 and past it. I still have yet to hear a credible plan from anyone that is more sensible that AJ retiring if he loses...

·
The Anti-Bully
13,583 Posts
I really couldn't see what the plan would be at that point if he loses? Hope that Fury really retires and relinquishes the WBC belt and hope he can get a chance to fight for it? I presume if that does happen Usyk will want to scoop it up anyway which rules AJ out. There is very little chance that he could fight Usyk a third time without probably beating at least two of Joyce/Dubois/Wilder and even then it would seem like a long shot. Assuming he could make and win those fights that would likely take us into 2024 anyway by which time he'll be 35 and past it. I still have yet to hear a credible plan from anyone that is more sensible that AJ retiring if he loses...
There will only be a third fight with Usyk if he wins and there was something close about the fight... like AJ miraculously wins on points or Usyk was handling him easily for most of the fight and then AJ lands the KO out of nowhere.

Then a third fight is intriguing.

If Usyk just beats him wide on points again then yeah he would need to prove his place for another title shot.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Do you think anyone here cares that much about AJ's life to make a "credible" plan, its just abit of fun and predictions its not that serious, you need a new hobby

21 - 29 of 29 Posts