Boxing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Anon.
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Did he beat me to a pulp?" said Josie Harris, sitting in her living room in a development in Valencia. "No, but I had bruises on my body and contusions and [a] concussion because the hits were to the back of my head. I believe it was planned to do that … because the bruises don't show …"
Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Behind the police report

Despite spending two months in prison for punching former long-term partner Josie Harris, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has wasted no opportunity to deny and downplay the events of September 9, 2010. In fact, boxing's biggest draw tells a very different version of what happened on the night that ultimately led to his incarceration last summer.

Harris has refused to detail the attack until now, choosing instead to relocate with the three children she shares with Mayweather to Valencia, Calif.

Josie Harris and Floyd Mayweather have three kids together. (Courtesy of Josie Harris)

However, after a scene in Showtime's "30 Days In May" - an hour-long documentary used to promote Mayweather's May 4 bout against Robert Guerrero - attempted to rationalize Mayweather's domestic violence conviction, Harris decided to speak out.

In an exclusive interview at her home with Yahoo! Sports, Harris first sought to answer the messages put forward by the documentary:

That she, and her children, had lied.

That Mayweather's incarceration was wrong.

And that the beating was either falsified, embellished, or somehow deserved.

What transpired over the course of an extraordinary three-hour conversation was an intriguing look into the complex mindset of one of sports' most divisive characters.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--floyd-mayweather-jr---behind-the-police-report-061849219.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.