Boxing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brook has made the right decision, a good world champion only lost to the absolute best, sensible not to chase money and lose fights against lesser fighters at the end.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts

Brook has made the right decision, a good world champion only lost to the absolute best, sensible not to chase money and lose fights against lesser fighters at the end.
Good. He was exciting to watch, win or lose since he often did so in dramatic fashion.

40 wins with 28 KO's and 3 losses, all by KO made for an exciting fighter to watch over his 18 year career.

Hopefully, he put enough of his purse money away to live a comfortable life

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

I didn't hear the news so thanks for bringing it to us. A "good" world champion is about right but no more than that, his successful defences were terrible and I don't think he even beat Porter but the judges disagreed and I didn't hear too much complaining from the fans after either so maybe I'll have to watch it back some day but I remember plenty of hugging and grappling from the challenger on away soil.

Anyway he gave a good effort trying to defend it against ESJ in Sheffield and I'll always remember that he absolutely refused to vacate even though he could probably have escaped any serious rep damage if he did given the circumstances at the time.

Right decision to go out on the back of the Khan win though, no way for him to enforce that rematch clause now I guess either.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Always rooted for Brook. Just feeled he Under achieved I was convinced years ago when he beat Michael Jennings that he would be a multi-weight World Champion.

Instead his career is a testimony as to why a person should not have their father acting as manager. Very badly advised and mismanaged.

Had one the most slow motion careers ever. Took 10 years after turning pro for him to fight for a world title.

Probably be remembered for his and his fathers obsession with Khan. Quite apt that he is retiring after his win over Khan.

If he ever writes an Auto-Biography one day he can some up his career by naming the book with the title ... " It was all about Khan."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts