Boxing Forums banner

Khan at it again, says he wants to fight Mayweather Jnr!

825 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  GazOC 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yeah but whe he's doing that he generally looks past opponents. Garcia TKO again for me
tbf the Garcia (and Peterson) loss was nothing to do with looking past someone, it's more to do with the fact he wont be able to avoid being hit by a big left hook from a puncher with a great left hook for 12 rounds at world level when he has a slack defence. Youre right Garcia will probably stop him again unless Khan changes quickly

#5 ·
tbf the Garcia (and Peterson) loss was nothing to do with looking past someone, it's more to do with the fact he wont be able to avoid being hit by a big left hook from a puncher with a great left hook for 12 rounds at world level when he has a slack defence. Youre right Garcia will probably stop him again unless Khan changes quickly
He was pretty arrogant in the build up, I think he watched the first Morales fight and thought cause Erik boxed his head of for the first 4-5 rounds that he would breeze past him. He shouldn't be quite as cocky this time but he has the mindset that everything is someone elses fault and until he sorts that then hes going to keep losing fights imo.

#6 ·
He was pretty arrogant in the build up, I think he watched the first Morales fight and thought cause Erik boxed his head of for the first 4-5 rounds that he would breeze past him. He shouldn't be quite as cocky this time but he has the mindset that everything is someone elses fault and until he sorts that then hes going to keep losing fights imo.
100% :deal him losing had nothing to do with Roach not giving him 100% of his time, absolutely fuck all to do with it, with the routine they had he's managed to disposed of some really good fighters in Kotelnik, Maidana, Judah etc its his fault he got tagged because he drops his hands when he throws combos standing still in front of someone, in this case its a guy who can bang with a great left hook, it will happen again whilst he has this attitude that no-one can deal with his handspeed (which tbf is electric). I rate Khan but he can be infuriating to lsiten to

#9 ·
No he's gonna clean up the Light Welters also :twisted

Khan wants to clean up division

ESPN staff
December 22, 2012

Amir Khan has insisted he has unfinished business at 140lbs before stepping up to welterweight.

Khan got his career back on track with a victory over Carlos Molina earlier in December, which has reignited talk of a rematch with Danny Garcia.

Garcia faces Zab Judah at the start of 2013, which Khan feels will stop them getting together until the second half of the year. It is a fight Khan wants, but he intends to remain active before getting his shot at Garcia and then stepping up to 147lb.

"We all want to see the rematch," Khan told Sky Sports' Ringside." We have put the fight to them, but Garcia has to get Zab Judah out of the way first. I am looking at the end of the year for that fight.

"I don't know what I will do next. I want to be active and I want to be in action before then. I want to stay busy."

When asked if his next fight would be at welterweight, Khan said: "I have unfinished business at light-welterweight. I am not going to leave the 140lb division until I've fought Garcia and got my titles back. Then it will be the right time to move up.

"At the moment I make the 140lb so easy, Virgil [Hunter, trainer] advises me to stay in it.

"Josesito Lopez has been put to me, Victor Ortiz as well. There are so many guys but I will fight anyone they put in front of me."

Link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.