Boxing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Pascal rematch:

"It was an offer from his team. They thought the fight was stopped early, so I want to put a period to that. I’ve fought everywhere. I won my titles against Cleverly in Wales and all of my amateur career I fought in other places. I beat [Pascal] once in Canada and I am going to do it again. He has a new coach and he is trying to get better."

On Beterbiev:

"We were supposed to fight in Russia and we made him an offer but he didn’t accept it. I want to fight in Russia someday."

On Stevenson:

"I am ready for Stevenson but he hasn’t signed. We made an offer to split the purse 50/50 but he never accepted. I don’t think of Adonis as a fighter, I just want his belt. I usually want someone to kick his ass so I can get his belt or I would do it myself. He understands a fight with me is a big risk and his opponents are not getting better fight by fight."

On Ward:

"He’s an Olympic champion and is the last American gold medalist. He’s a very smart technical fighter. Ward is a good person and boxer. My goal is to beat him. We are already signed with HBO next fall. Right now, step-by-step we’re going to make this fight. It’s a big road for this fight."

- Sauce

· Registered
37,252 Posts
Sounds good mate but be careful you don't get the thread pulled for not using the right sauce.

Looking good for Ward next year and that is one of the best fights in boxing.

· We don't say Cunt here!
6,251 Posts
Not telling the whole story on the Stevenson situation but good quotes otherwise. I'm not a fan of the Pascal fight but I get what he's saying about wanting to set the record straight... Pascal losing his last fight takes a lot away from the matchup that honestly didn't need a rematch anyways. Can't blame him for wanting to fight in Russia one day and glad all parties involved are still saying Ward vs Kovalev fall 2016.

· Registered
37,252 Posts

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sauce is good :good
Then :clap: for Kurushi.Very promising indeed.:good
:cheers Thanks guys.

I like the way you can clearly gauge how much respect he has for each guy he's talking about (except Beterbiev). He sort of has respect for Pascal for trying to get better and having another go. He literally sees Stevenson as someone who's keeping his belt warm. The worst thing he says about Ward is that his "goal is to beat him". There's a sort of disguised respect for Beterbiev there. Could have gone in harder on Artur but didn't.

· Registered
37,252 Posts
:cheers Thanks guys.

I like the way you can clearly gauge how much respect he has for each guy he's talking about (except Beterbiev). He sort of has respect for Pascal for trying to get better and having another go. He literally sees Stevenson as someone who's keeping his belt warm. The worst thing he says about Ward is that his "goal is to beat him". There's a sort of disguised respect for Beterbiev there. Could have gone in harder on Artur but didn't.
I have this feeling he's letting Artur marinade for a homecoming just to show his home fans who's the boss because it's a money fight that can get made there.
Ward is a fly in the ointment so from a personal POV,I'd like to see him in with AB first,because it would bring a lot more fans to the table when it comes to a Kov-Ward PPV.
Can't see it going that way though.We can only dream....

· Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have this feeling he's letting Artur marinade for a homecoming just to show his home fans who's the boss because it's a money fight that can get made there.
Ward is a fly in the ointment so from a personal POV,I'd like to see him in with AB first,because it would bring a lot more fans to the table when it comes to a Kov-Ward PPV.
Can't see it going that way though.We can only dream....
I disagree. Beterbiev is fucking dangerous and I think the last thing Kovalev wanted was to let that fight marinate and allow Beterbiev to gain momentum. That's why I think he wanted to take the fight as soon as he did; while Beterbiev was professionally green. Beterbiev is barley on casual's radars so there's clearly some sort of intention about trying to make that fight (revenge obviously).

What do you mean about Ward being a fly in the ointment? Are you picking Kovalev in a fight with Ward?

· Registered
27,602 Posts
Kovalev is like one of my favorite fighters. I think he beats everyone he mentioned even Beterbiev. Still, he's had a lot of issues fighting top guys because of the Gaymon situation. I really wish these politics didn't exist because I think he'd KO Stevenson. Really, I'm at the point that I don't even care if Stevenson fights Kovalev. I want to see Kovalev/Ward and Kovalev/Beterbiev more. Stevenson has no excuse to not fight Beterbiev at this point. Not sure why people aren't getting on Stevenson's ass about it. Guy is fighting the Karpencys and Bikas of the world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.