Boxing Forums banner

Who wins

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Formerly TommyV, resident ESB virgin.
6,770 Posts
I'm a bit intrigued just because of the weight jump, but I would have rather seen Broner in against Burns or Abril first before stepping up. I guess the former wasn't going to happen and the latter might be a poor risk-reward ratio, and all the Golden Boy guys at 140 are already busy (Garcia in with Judah, Matthysse-Peterson facing off, Khan in against Diaz still on the comeback trail).

· Registered
4,081 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed if this is the last we see of Broner down at LW, but if this is at the full WW limit for Paulie's WBA belt then I can see why Broner took it, and in isolation of all the other politics I think it's a good fight.

· wow very uch rilm
10,590 Posts
Can't see Broner coming down to 135 after fighting at 147, he won't be back down lower than LWW.

I like this fight, mainly because of the intrigue of a big weight jump, but Paulie isn't exactly a big WW anyways. If he is planning on staying up at WW then it's a good introduction to the division.

Personally, would prefer any of the following over this fight: Burns, Vazquez, Khan, Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse. Could go on...

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Can't see Broner coming down to 135 after fighting at 147, he won't be back down lower than LWW.

I like this fight, mainly because of the intrigue of a big weight jump, but Paulie isn't exactly a big WW anyways. If he is planning on staying up at WW then it's a good introduction to the division.

Personally, would prefer any of the following over this fight: Burns, Vazquez, Khan, Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse. Could go on...
Tbf every single one of those fighters you've listed are already tied up in something else.

· Gone.
5,771 Posts
Really hope Paulie can win this fight, this win would absolutely skyrocket him, and he's already having quite the resurgence in popularity. At the very least, I hope Broner doesn't knock him out, a stoppage from the ref of the corner is most likely. I'll be happy if he goes the distance, I'll be elated if he wins, if he knocks out Broner, I'll do a backflip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.