Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Anon.
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welterweight star and Filipino politician Manny Pacquiao has denied reports that he mauled a barangay chief on Monday, according to the fighter's lawyer.

The Manila Times reported that Pacquiao was facing charges of "vote buying and serious physical injuries" for allegedly attacking Alfredo Belgica, the barangay chairman of San Jose, in General Santos City on Saturday night after Belgica had attempted to stop 'Pac Man' from distributing rice and money to voters.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/207223.html#melvMZYS5ddGjS32.99

· Registered
3,152 Posts
These aren't the first time such rumours have surfaced. It's funny: Floyd puts on the gangster rap act and it's an open secret that -despite his flaws - he has a genuine generous streak; Pacquiao is supposed to be whiter than white yet has ties to gangsters and alleged corruption.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
These aren't the first time such rumours have surfaced. It's funny: Floyd puts on the gangster rap act and it's an open secret that -despite his flaws - he has a genuine generous streak; Pacquiao is supposed to be whiter than white yet has ties to gangsters and alleged corruption.
:lol: I didnt know of Floyd having a genuine generous streak though, outside of his group of leeches, whats he done?

· Registered
3,152 Posts
:lol: I didnt know of Floyd having a genuine generous streak though, outside of his group of leeches, whats he done?
Paid for Genaro Hernandez's funeral, and told his team to keep it quiet. The Hernandez family confirmed that he did it and without being asked.

Rich or not, that's classy.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
Paid for Genaro Hernandez's funeral, and told his team to keep it quiet. The Hernandez family confirmed that he did it and without being asked.

Rich or not, that's classy.
that is good, and totally at odds with the image he tries so hard to portray. He wants to be seen as a dickhead, as that's what makes him money

· Registered
3,152 Posts
that is good, and totally at odds with the image he tries so hard to portray. He wants to be seen as a dickhead, as that's what makes him money
That's basically it. "Money" is certain aspects of his personality but really exaggerated. It's no more "real" than the best pro wrestling characters. The public at large weren't interested when he was just Pretty Boy Floyd - it wasn't until he adopted a heel persona that casual fans started to care. He knows that those fans don't want to hear about his charitable donations and such. Maybe when he's coming into his last few fights and folk are more sentimental about him he'll tone it down.

I'm not defending the domestic assault - but I also don't pretend that alone is evidence he's just an arsehole. I've been in a domestic that nearly got really out of hand. I'm not proud of it but still. I don't believe any one thing you do in life defines you completely as a person.

Also, let's not forget Oscar's image throughout his career and how it contrasted with the sexual assault charges, gambling, drug abuse etc.

· Registered
22,444 Posts
He's a politician, being a cunt is part and parcel of the job. TBF though, Pacquaio has always gave his money away so it makes no difference cause he's now in power. Better than out prime minister who takes money off the poor.

· Registered
22,444 Posts
That's basically it. "Money" is certain aspects of his personality but really exaggerated. It's no more "real" than the best pro wrestling characters. The public at large weren't interested when he was just Pretty Boy Floyd - it wasn't until he adopted a heel persona that casual fans started to care. He knows that those fans don't want to hear about his charitable donations and such. Maybe when he's coming into his last few fights and folk are more sentimental about him he'll tone it down.

I'm not defending the domestic assault - but I also don't pretend that alone is evidence he's just an arsehole. I've been in a domestic that nearly got really out of hand. I'm not proud of it but still. I don't believe any one thing you do in life defines you completely as a person.

Also, let's not forget Oscar's image throughout his career and how it contrasted with the sexual assault charges, gambling, drug abuse etc.
Didn't he have like 12 different domestic charges on him at one point when he was going through roid rage.

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Sounds like desperate bollocks from a rival who's going to be defeated to me but dunno.

As for Floyd I genuinely think its the other way around on his 'act' - like he just uses the 'its for promotion' stuff to act like the cunt he is.

· Registered
3,152 Posts
Didn't he have like 12 different domestic charges on him at one point when he was going through roid rage.
Oscar or Floyd? If it's the former then he had some sort of domestic charges, I think.

Not to mention he settled out of court on one of the numerous rape allegations.

· Registered
3,152 Posts
Floyd - I know Oscar was a dodgy geezer, never trust those that pretend to be too stand up
Never heard about Floyd having roid rage tbh.

· Registered
22,444 Posts
I'm not sure about the full details as I got real bored of Floyd/Manny talk at that period but I just remember a load of weeks in a row where Floyd kept getting dragged up for fighting women and security guards and basically just going on like a dick. People credited it to his cycling of roids giving him the rage. It was partially sarcasm but i do believe floyd among most other elite athletes are on the juice.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
What ever happened to those rumours about TRT and dodgy contracts with USADA and GBP not denying he'd failed tests before? They just disappeared?

just saw your post @chatty did you hear about the whole TRT shit?

· Registered
3,152 Posts
I don't think Floyd's on the juice tbh. Whatever he's on will be painkilling injections due to his hands. There are injections etc that are allowed in Nevada but not elsewhere.

I think everyone is on something though. Whether PEDs, illegal painkillers, weight cutting boosters etc.

· Registered
3,152 Posts
What ever happened to those rumours about TRT and dodgy contracts with USADA and GBP not denying he'd failed tests before? They just disappeared?

just saw your post @chatty did you hear about the whole TRT shit?
Nothing ever came of it. Had forgotten all about that guy. Gabriel Montoya. The rumours I'd heard years ago was that he may have failed tests relating to painkillers, but not with a high enough level - not sure what the correct term is - in his system to fail in Nevada. Montoya's claims were that he had high enough testosterone levels to fail everywhere but Nevada, but I don't remember him providing the evidence or sources he claimed to have.

Until it's proven it's just hearsay.

PEDs don't get me riled up though. Without year round testing you can't be sure who is on what. And Conte helped to prove years ago that those developing them will always be a step ahead.

· Registered
20,877 Posts
Is that the rumoured failed A samples?
*ALLEGEDLY*
Ye, Golden Boy sent a really stupid letter to Gabriel Montoya (who was investigating it) basically saying "You better stop investigating this or else, and if you do find it to be true you better not print it, plus even if it is true it may be part of a contract he has with USADA where he's allowed to fail on 3 samples before they disclose the information", i cant find it now. Plus there was allegedly the dodgy connection with a TRT clinic magnate being one of his good friends (flying him out to fights in a private jet etc) but Floyd acting all surprised when someone mentioned this saying something like "I had no idea thats what he did for a living". It was all really weird then the allegations just disappeared
*ALLEGEDLY*

Of course this may all be totally inaccurate and false and should no way be viewed as accurate or as any type of allegation #NoWarren

· Registered
3,152 Posts
Ye, Golden Boy sent a really stupid letter to Gabriel Montoya (who was investigating it) basically saying "You better stop investigating this or else, and if you do find it to be true you better not print it, plus even if it is true it may be part of a contract he has with USADA where he's allowed to fail on 3 samples before they disclose the information", i cant find it now. Plus there was the dodgy connection with a TRT clinic magnate being one of his good friends (flying him out to fights in a private jet etc) but Floyd acting all surprised when someone mentioned this saying something like "I had no idea thats what he did for a living". It was all really weird then the allegations just disappeared

Of course this may all be totally inaccurate and false and should no way be viewed as accurate or as any type of allegation #NoWarren
You mean he allegedly is friends with some TRT guru. Allegedly.

Let's not get sued. I can't go back to ESB.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.