Boxing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it feeling like Matchroom are having way less output this year compared to recent years? They only had the Cordina Card in June and looks like Saturdays card will be the only major one before AJ which is 7 weeks away? Are they beginning to suffer from Sky throwing money at fighters to take them out at the knees? EH has been very quiet too, used to do lots of YT interviews (especially with IFL, he would do at least 1 30m to 1h most weeks) and have hardly seen him for weeks and weeks. Making it hard to justify paying for DAZN if I'm barely getting one fight night a month...

· Premium Member
1,499 Posts
The only thing I've noticed is those 'Fight Night' shows have gone, DAZN apparently not interested in prospects headlining shows. But recently we've had Rodriguez vs Rungvisai that was in June and before Usyk/Joshua there's Chisora vs Pulev but as a DAZN susbcriber you don't need to just rely on Matchroom, GBP are putting on two cards before Usyk/Joshua II also, Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna and Vergil Ortiz Jr is fighting someone I can't remember if it's McKinson or someone else but I say stay subscribed, plenty of value ahead!

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Financials released indicate Matchroom and DAZN are in freefall. Their low subscrition business model obviously failed, surprise, surprise and they have lost most of their better fighters. Now their focus is PPV, the very thing they told us was dead, and they were providing an alternative to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts