Boxing Forums banner

Mundine is an idiot.

567 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Boxed Ears 
#1 ·
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61918#ixzz2JYFHP9Qn
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Anthony Mundine says he was robbed of victory against Daniel Geale on Wednesday night while high-profile supporter Sonny Bill Williams labelled the fight's judges "corrupt" in an explosive aftermath to the IBF middleweight title bout.

Geale earned revenge for his only professional loss and raised questions over Mundine's boxing future with a unanimous points win in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Two judges scored the fight 117-111 and the other 116-112. Experts around the country were certain that Geale had dominated the contest and thoroughly deserved his victory. But Mundine, and his entourage, were furious with the decision.

"I controlled the pace, I stuck him, I hit him more often than he hit me," Mundine told Fox Sports News. "That's what it's about. It's about hitting and not being hit. I dominated the fight. I was a ring general. I hit him with cleaner shots (and) I hurt him more. But, you know what, I walked into an ambush tonight. It's as simple as that. I thought it was going to be bad but I didn't know it was going to be that bad. I thought I was dominant enough to get the victory."

Williams, who is preparing for a showdown with big South African Francois Botha in Brisbane next month, caused a stir on Twitter after the fight.

Williams tweeted a photo of himself, Wallabies star Quade Cooper, and Mundine after the fight, with the captions: "Hanging out with @Anthony_Mundine celebrating a victory. We don't pay attention to corrupt judges!"

Mundine said he wouldn't "give that boy another payday" when asked if a third fight with Geale was on the cards.

"Let's go fight in front of 100 people, 200 people, something like that," Mundine said. "If he won the fight I'd be a man and say 'yeah brah, you won the fight, good on you man, you were the better man tonight'. But he couldn't look me in the eye, he knew he lost that fight."

:gsg:gsg:gsg:gsg

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.