Boxing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a start in my career...My first pro bout was a 15rd decision win. In the next 2 years i beat four champions, becoming champ and dropped a great champ 4 times, but was disqualified for hitting him as he was rising...No fighter accomplished as much in his first two years as a pro...Who am I ?

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sugar ray robinson

look at boxrec there he beat zivic, la motta, samy agnott and marty servo who briefly held the welterweight title.
i'm expecting the answer to be a little more obscure than sugar ray...but maybe servo was the tricky bit to get
No doug.ie, Robby beat 3 champions in his first 2 years, Angott, Servo, Zivic...My guy fought a 15 round bout in his pro debut, and beat, FOUR champions in his first two years. And he floored another champ 4 times, but was disqualified...

· Premium Member
7,178 Posts
stewards enquiry please burt !! :)

sugar ray also beat lamotta in his first two years as a pro
But he didn't go 15 rounds in his debut.

· Registered
41 Posts
Robinson didn't have a 15 rounder in his 1st pro fight. Jimmy Britt beat Kid Lavigne, Frank Erne, Young Corbett II and Battling Nelson in his first 2 years and lost to Joe Gans by DQ. Britt knocked Gans down four times. The last time, he hit Gans as he was rising and was disqualified.

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robinson didn't have a 15 rounder in his 1st pro fight. Jimmy Britt beat Kid Lavigne, Frank Erne, Young Corbett II and Battling Nelson in his first 2 years and lost to Joe Gans by DQ. Britt knocked Gans down four times. The last time, he hit Gans as he was rising and was disqualified.
You are of course right Henry....It was Jimmy Britt who did all of the above, and also fought Terry McGovern to a draw...Britt had a short career and after retirement
became a vaudeville performer...When young he must have been something to see...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.