Boxing Forums banner

News from Kevin Mitchell coming some time this year

2K views 67 replies 23 participants last post by  kingkodi 
#1 ·
Mitchell tweeted last night: "Long old day now of home! Got some great news for the fight fans this week!" And then just a few minutes ago: "Good news coming today!"

Anyone know of what's up next for Mitchell? Is he making the switch to Matchroom or will he feature on Warren's Wembley show next month?
@Vano-irons

#9 ·
Does he still sell a lot of tickets post-Burns? I hope he does but I'm skeptical the same people that thought Katsidis was a blip will still be on board now, obviously his die-hard fans will still buy and it just depends how many of them there are i guess

#10 ·
I've not heard anything from him since he ditched Tibbs (a horrific move in my opinion). I've heard some scathing stories about him recently, so this could be cashing out time for Kev

#11 ·
he said that calling his Xmas Cracker card a financial disaster would be an understatement.
I think that was more down to two massive fights being pulled from the card. Hearn refunded plenty of tickets when Rees - Murray and Jones - Purdy were scrapped

#12 ·
The Barker shows have been Eddie's worst ones. I don't necessarily think it reflects on Darren because he was (understandably) being eased back into things so the onus was on the supporting acts to provide the real excitement. The cancellations really damaged the cards. Conversely, Barker in a good fight with Ryder-Saunders would be class

#17 · (Edited)
Can only be him and Eddie linking up, would of thought the 'rumors' of his and Warrens troubles where way to big to Be working with each other again...

Who is Kev's trainer now as Hes got rid of Tibbs??? Stupid move getting rid of them???
He's gone back to Paul Cook.

He was with Adam Booth and Gary Logan for a while but he said he couldn't be travelling in and out of London every day.

#18 ·
Ryder/Saunders is June 22nd so I think Kev will be on the undercard of that. Ochieng/Smith could be on the card too for the British title.
Ochieng-Smith is on the same card youre right, i thought eddie was gonna pressure warren by putting this show on the 15th considering he has two warren fighters in probably their biggest fights of their careers, woukd put warrent in a fairly difficult position with not being there for saunders and smith

#19 · (Edited)
Ryder/Saunders is June 22nd so I think Kev will be on the undercard of that. Ochieng/Smith could be on the card too for the British title.
ryder/saunders is gonna be a great fight glad they made it... kev on the undercard would be wicked, ochieng/smith hasnt been confirmed has it??? the card is shaping up nice that fight along with kev can be made...

He's gone back to Paul Cook.
i think i remember something about him talking to adam booth on bunceys show or ringside... if he thinks going back to paul cook is gonna help him focus then i hope he cracks on, but for me the problems with him havnt been the trainers, its him not focusing on boxing and letting the outside problems fck with his head... remember hearing someone say they saw him in kfc day before the katsidas fight...

#20 ·
Ochieng-Smith is on the same card youre right, i thought eddie was gonna pressure warren by putting this show on the 15th considering he has two warren fighters in probably their biggest fights of their careers, woukd put warrent in a fairly difficult position with not being there for saunders and smith
If you look at Edwards most recent IFilm interview he says 15th or 22nd of June.

#21 · (Edited)
ryder/saunders is gonna be a great fight glad they made it... kev on the undercard would be wicked, ochieng/smith hasnt been confirmed has it??? the card is shaping up nice that fight along with kev can be made...

i think i remember something about him talking to adam booth on bunceys show or ringside... if he thinks going back to paul cook is gonna help him focus then i hope he cracks on, but for me the problems with him havnt been the trainers, its him not focusing on boxing and letting the outside problems fck with his head... remember hearing someone say they saw him in kfc day before the katsidas fight...
Smith/Ochieng has been ordered by the board pal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.