Boxing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oleksandr Usyk's pro debut will take place Nov 9th in Kyiv and his rumored opponent is Zack Mwekassa 14-3 (13KO) who two years ago stopped Mchunu who just beat Chambers. If that turns out to be true its a tough debut against a dangerous puncher and shows K2 plans to move him quickly which i like. Pretty sure it's only going to be a 6 rounder though and Mwekassa has only ever gone 8 rounds once.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Champion of Capua
8,103 Posts
Oleksandr Usyk's pro debut will take place Nov 9th in Kyiv and his rumored opponent is Zack Mwekassa 14-3 (13KO) who two years ago stopped Mchunu who just beat Chambers. If that turns out to be true its a tough debut against a dangerous puncher and shows K2 plans to move him quickly which i like. Pretty sure it's only going to be a 6 rounder though and Mwekassa has only ever gone 8 rounds once.
Wow, this is one risky fight. I'd say Zack is a proven puncher having beaten Mchunu and a few others on semi-contender level. The only win he has that wasn't a KO was a disqualification win in the first round!
And in one of Zack's losses, he actually knocked down the opponent (who was 18-2 at the time), 5 times, before Zack got TKO6'd.

It appears from expert boxrec analysis, Zack is a typical puncher who loves his power, doesn't necessarily possess a very good boxing ability and appears to have a poor chin. This is Usyk here, he can dismantle guys like that easy. 6-0 against good opposition in WSB.

Nice pictures, the gangsta pose next to his lil daughter is pretty funny haha

Nevertheless, K2 like what they see and I'm glad he's up against good opposition rather than being Wilder'd. He'd probably fight for title within 5-10 fights.

Usyk Jr in the picture will be the future of boxing, he has a tall, naturally athletic looking mother too, this kid will have good genes and being brought up by a champ lol

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Usyk Jr in the picture will be the future of boxing, he has a tall, naturally athletic looking mother too, this kid will have good genes and being brought up by a champ lol
She must be 6'2..

I'm not completely sold on Usyk as a pro, he has A+ skills and ability but there are questions marks about his stamina and chin for me. He'll likely do very well but I'm nowhere near as confident as with Loma.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She must be 6'2..

I'm not completely sold on Usyk as a pro, he has A+ skills and ability but there are questions marks about his stamina and chin for me. He'll likely do very well but I'm nowhere near as confident as with Loma.
No iv seen pictures where they're standing side by side she's 5'10 at the most, probably 5'8 or 5'9. He never had stamina issues in WSB, actually grew stronger as the fight went, and took fulsh punches from Medzhidov, Nistor, Joyce, Fa without being hurt. Nistor troubled him the most due to his relentless pressure and big power but considering how he worked over Joshua (who he stopped), Russo and Yoka Usyk's performance against him was still good although not as dominant as usual.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Oleksandr's pro debut will be against Felipe Romero who is alot better than his 16-7 (11KO) record indicates, i consider him a world level gatekeeper for the top 25. He gave Masternak a tough time a couple fights ago (the 10th round stoppage was bogus) and has wins over former LHW Champ Gonzalez x2 and former CW contender Montana. His only losses in the last 5 years have come against hard punching HW Alex Leapai, Masternak and Glowacki who may be a better Polish CW than Masternak, he handled Romero easier than Mateusz did (he's not the guy RJJ fought that's Glazewski). Tough debut.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
So Oleksandr's pro debut will be against Felipe Romero who is alot better than his 16-7 (11KO) record indicates, i consider him a world level gatekeeper for the top 25. He gave Masternak a tough time a couple fights ago (the 10th round stoppage was bogus) and has wins over former LHW Champ Gonzalez x2 and former CW contender Montana. His only losses in the last 5 years have come against hard punching HW Alex Leapai, Masternak and Glowacki who may be a better Polish CW than Masternak, he handled Romero easier than Mateusz did (he's not the guy RJJ fought that's Glazewski). Tough debut.
Very good debut. I remember him from the Masternak fight. If he is not shot its a good debut.

·
‪#‎Pray4Khan‬
63,351 Posts
Usyk is the future. He has great potential. I have to say that moving too fast in the heavier weights. its a different ballgame somewhat, anyone can be knocked out with a good enough shot and the risk is high up in the higher weight classes. I see this as a huge risk, unnecessary but hoping his management know what they're doing.

Still an excellent debut for a future world champion.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Usyk is the future. He has great potential. I have to say that moving too fast in the heavier weights. its a different ballgame somewhat, anyone can be knocked out with a good enough shot and the risk is high up in the higher weight classes. I see this as a huge risk, unnecessary but hoping his management know what they're doing.

Still an excellent debut for a future world champion.
It's at CW, Romero's last fight was at HW against Leapai but he's a CW. I want to see Usyk at HW eventually but its good he is starting out at CW so he can adjust to 12 rounds and world class opposition against guys his own size. Doing it all at once against guys much bigger is too much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts