Boxing Forums banner

Repeat or Revenge?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and say Joshua by stoppage. A.J. simply fought the wrong way against Usyk in the first fight, letting him set the pace of the action and not using his size and power advantage to his favor.

He lost to Ruiz, came back and embarrassed the guy in the second fight, but it didn't help Ruiz to come into that fight even fatter than he was in their first bout. Usyk won't be that guy and will come into the ring in great shape but I feel if Joshua wants to force the action, it will eventually wear down and overwhelm Usyk.

Do I care who wins-------not really. Just going with my gut feeling.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Usyk stoppage

I can see Usyk getting dropped or maybe hurt but theres no way AJ finishes him, watch when AJ hurt Pulev he was scared to empty the tank and gas like the Wlad fight

Pulev got knocked down twice in the 3rd and survived til the 9th and AJ looked scared to get hit

Even if he rocks Usyk big time I think it has to be a big shot or he will empty the tank and get stopped, very hard fight for AJ to win

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,548 Posts
As much as I want AJ to win, I think ultimately Usyk is too good technically and will ride out some hairy early attacks to win on points. I wouldn't be surprised if AJ wins by KO in the first 4 but it's definitely the lower odds outcome I give AJ maybe 30% chance of managing that but otherwise the Ukrainian will retire the man from Watford.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts