Boxing Forums banner

Repeat or Revenge?

301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
While I'm sure alot of brands will be considering their sponsorships that will be entirely on the performance side, no company wants a failure as their spokesman and unfortunately thats what AJ is now but I would expect performance clauses in these contracts, AJ hasn't shown "Bad Sportsmanship" at any point, as I said above he paid tribute to Usyk even if it was a ramble. I can't imagine Fury will be so generous if he loses to Usyk but what can you expect from the lying son of a violent criminal backed by Europe's leading organised criminals.
He snatched Usyk's belts from someone and threw them out the ring, how would you describe this act?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I'm not saying he hasn't had some Brand optimisation and that he hasn't said certain statements to sound good for sponsors but so would you if it earned you that money, I don't think it's fair to say
"Now we are seeing he is neither humble nor positive." what are you basing that on? His speech in the ring? While unconventional he used quite a bit of it to pay tribute to Usyk so I as clumsy as it may have been it wasn't arrogant in anyway and he has continued to talk positively even if his results in the ring have faltered.

While I'm sure alot of brands will be considering their sponsorships that will be entirely on the performance side, no company wants a failure as their spokesman and unfortunately thats what AJ is now but I would expect performance clauses in these contracts, AJ hasn't shown "Bad Sportsmanship" at any point, as I said above he paid tribute to Usyk even if it was a ramble. I can't imagine Fury will be so generous if he loses to Usyk but what can you expect from the lying son of a violent criminal backed by Europe's leading organised criminals.
AJ has come to boxing from the street life. He was a drug dealer. I am from the inner city. That’s how I know AJ’s public persona is fake and manufactured.

Being humble and being polite and being nice would be a serious occupational hazard for any aspiring drug dealer.

Street life is all about violence, intimidation, swagger and arrogance. Ain’t no polite or humble dealers out there at least non who are still alive.

As for being positive his own coach is stating he is mentally weak with negative and self defeating attitude.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
AJ has come to boxing from the street life. He was a drug dealer. I am from the inner city. That’s how I know AJ’s public persona is fake and manufactured.

Being humble and being polite and being nice would be a serious occupational hazard for any aspiring drug dealer.

Street life is all about violence, intimidation, swagger and arrogance. Ain’t no polite or humble dealers out there at least non who are still alive.

As for being positive his own coach is stating he is mentally weak with negative and self defeating attitude.
That was what 15 years ago now? You think AJ is still secretly a drug dealer? that he uses his Boxing purses to import big shipments?
He has always made it clear boxing saved him from that life, now you can choose to belief that is all a charade and he isn't reformed but I think it would be pretty hard to hide
that level of criminality in the modern world when every man and his dog has a camera.
Well that is bullshit, I don't care what is said you don't win an olympic gold medal and become 2 time unified champ if you have a negative attitude, even if I believed all the BS on here about AJ being handed everything (despite his resume being multiple times more impressive than the so called "God" Fury). He is broken after Ruiz and maybe that means he can't do what the coaches want and they interpret it as a negative attitude but these are boxing coaches not psychologists they aren't qualified to understand the difference.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
That was what 15 years ago now? You think AJ is still secretly a drug dealer? that he uses his Boxing purses to import big shipments?
He has always made it clear boxing saved him from that life, now you can choose to belief that is all a charade and he isn't reformed but I think it would be pretty hard to hide
that level of criminality in the modern world when every man and his dog has a camera.
Well that is bullshit, I don't care what is said you don't win an olympic gold medal and become 2 time unified champ if you have a negative attitude, even if I believed all the BS on here about AJ being handed everything (despite his resume being multiple times more impressive than the so called "God" Fury). He is broken after Ruiz and maybe that means he can't do what the coaches want and they interpret it as a negative attitude but these are boxing coaches not psychologists they aren't qualified to understand the difference.
I am saying he has a P.R. Team who are payed to micromanage his public image. That’s their job, it’s also their job to piggy back of this to bring him more sponsorships endorsements. And it is well known he has copied all this from Wladimir Klitschko.

What you seeing and have become infatuated with is a mirage. He did’nt win a gold medal, he was gifted it, the Cuban fighter he fought was robbed in broad daylight.

Fury’s public image is not real either all these guys are playing a role to attract fans and make money nothing wrong with that. This is a business.

Only one of them who might be real In both private and public is Deontay Wilder. All though I could be wrong on that (maybe he is different as well perhaps he is the most humble out of the three in private and not the thuggish persona he acts out in public.)

Reactions: Philly Shell

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I am saying he has a P.R. Team who are payed to micromanage his public image. That’s their job, it’s also their job to piggy back of this to bring him more sponsorships endorsements. And it is well known he has copied all this from Wladimir Klitschko.

What you seeing and have become infatuated with is a mirage. He did’nt win a gold medal, he was gifted it, the Cuban fighter he fought was robbed in broad daylight.

Fury’s public image is not real either all these guys are playing a role to attract fans and make money nothing wrong with that. This is a business.

Only one of them who might be real In both private and public is Deontay Wilder. All though I could be wrong on that (maybe he is different as well perhaps he is the most humble out of the three in private and not the thuggish persona he acts out in public.)
Good luck with that. He can't handle the truth.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Good luck with that. He can't handle the truth.
Well lots of firsts on this forum. When I joined here there was a guy who was a fan of not boxers but a promoter in Eddie Hearn rushing to his defence at even the slightest criticism. Up to that time never came across anyone who was actually fan of a promoter. Credit to Eddie he is a pioneer he is the first promoter to have a fan base. And he has more fans then many boxers he promotes. We got an army of people out there promoting a promoter.

Now we got someone who is fan of a boxers public image and how that public image is perceived. Even though the public image has been manufactured.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Are you talking about @Kezza ?

There were a few Eddie Hearn fans but the Eddies Super fan. Is a guy called RobPalmer I think got banned and had his account deleted or something. He was not just active on CHB but all the boxing forums praising Hearn. His fandom even led to Eddie being asked about him on IFL TV.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

I'm sure all high level athlete's have PR teams doing exactly the same as that is where the money is at, but that doesn't mean the underlying person is a criminal or a bad guy. Ultimately we never know those people in the public eye but we can choose whether we want to be cynical and assume the worst or do the opposite. Nothing AJ has done has indicated to me that his image, as PR guided as it might be, is a fabrication to the degree that he is fundamentally a bad human being

Well I watched the Gold Medal match and while it was close and could have gone either way, it was no robbery.

Well lots of firsts on this forum. When I joined here there was a guy who was a fan of not boxers but a promoter in Eddie Hearn rushing to his defence at even the slightest criticism. Up to that time never came across anyone who was actually fan of a promoter. Credit to Eddie he is a pioneer he is the first promoter to have a fan base. And he has more fans then many boxers he promotes. We got an army of people out there promoting a promoter.

Now we got someone who is fan of a boxers public image and how that public image is perceived. Even though the public image has been manufactured.
EH is legend he has done great things for Boxing in this country and moved Promoting to a new generation after his Dad, Warren, Moloney etc dominated. EH is a great character and for me his IFL Kugan interviews are very entertaining viewing. He is a promoter so you know everything is with a goal and he will always side with his charges but he has personality so I'm not surprised he has such a following.

I'm not a fan of "Public Image" per say but I would still say AJ's even if smoothed out is promoting characteristics that are appealing, professionalism, respect etc I don't think it's a bad thing to like that especially compared with the some of the other options.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts

This whole dialogue is reminding of the conversation on how to record on a VCR from the movie City Slickers.

let me spell it out for you as simply as possible. I did not say AJ is a fundamentally bad person.

You ever heard the expression..,, “you can take the guy of the streets but you can’t take the streets out of the guy.”

Many guys come of the streets and reform themselves change their lives. But the street mindset never leaves you completely and it comes out when your angry or upset. Just like it did AJ after the fight. Those rough edges from the streets came out. You with me, if it’s still not registering in your head move to the inner city and get a real life education.

In anycase I am done with this conversation. I think I will be better served by putting you on ignore. I am too old too tired to keep having to repeat the same stuff over and over again.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

This whole dialogue is reminding of the conversation on how to record on a VCR from the movie City Slickers.

let me spell it out for you as simply as possible. I did not say AJ is a fundamentally bad person.

You ever heard the expression..,, “you can take the guy of the streets but you can’t take the streets out of the guy.”

Many guys come of the streets and reform themselves change their lives. But the street mindset never leaves you completely and it comes out when your angry or upset. Just like it did AJ after the fight. Those rough edges from the streets came out. You with me, if it’s still not registering in your head move to the inner city and get a real life education.

In anycase I am done with this conversation. I think I will be better served by putting you on ignore. I am too old too tired to keep having to repeat the same stuff over and over again.
At this rate @Ar558a will soon have nobody left to talk to. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

Ok fine I get your point, Sorry I was just trying to debate, that's what I come here for, I don't mind disagreeing with people as long as they aren't slagging me or the people I support off maliciously but I'm sorry If you have had enough.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts

You want a conversation tell me what lessons can be learned from this clip???

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Ok fine I get your point, Sorry I was just trying to debate, that's what I come here for, I don't mind disagreeing with people as long as they aren't slagging me or the people I support off maliciously but I'm sorry If you have had enough.
Maliciously? You are such a bullshit artist!

Anything less than praise for AJ and you resort to personal insults and tantrums. Likewise anything positive said about Fury.

Such a bullshit artist. Such a hypocrite.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Well, either way, one helluvan exciting fight, if it ever happens.
I agree, I'm a Fury fan over any other heavyweight, but I think a Wilder-Usyk fight would be the fight I'd want to see the most, because even though I think Wilder would probably win, I'm actually not so sure, and even if Wilder wins, it might be in a way that is not the most predictable. Fury-Usyk to me is almost a foregone conclusion. Fury either wins a wide ud boring decision or KOs Usyk late, pretty much 99 percent sure. I also think their styles probably don't match up too well as far as excitement value. With Wilder, I'm probably "only" like 75 percent sure, and like I said, it might not play out in the most predictable way even if Wilder wins.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Absolutely Fucking laughable, I'm amazed at the complete idiocy of some people. It was ridiculous enough to suggest Wilder with his 0 wins was better than AJ but to suggest he better than Usyk is cloud cuckoo land. Losing to Fury doesn't make you the second best fighter!

The brainwashing that guy has done to not only convince people he is the best without a decent resume but that extends past him to people he has beaten being better because they didn't what? Lose after 1ns? Explode in a cloud of smoke? Fury is fucking awful human being and not as good a boxer as he thinks but to give him credit what he is , is the alltime GOAT at brainwashing guillible fucks who he has completely round his little finger in a way I have never seen before by anyone.
Well, Wilder did give Fury the 2 toughest fights of his career. The first fight, he actually almost won, and the 3rd fight was a classic war. I don't see either AJ or Usyk doing as well against Fury as Wilder did in fights 1 and 3 of their trilogy.

301 - 320 of 324 Posts