• Anthony Joshua Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Joshua Stoppage

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,484 Posts
My heart says AJ will come out next time and go at him hard and might be able to get the KO with the power, but my head says likely exactly the same result and retirement.

·
Registered
13,226 Posts
I expect about the same. AJ has improved a lot in recent years, but I think he's reached his limit re movement and reflexes.

The only difference will be that this time, Fast Eddie will make sure the judges give AJ the decision.

- Thus setting up the lucrative trilogy, and at the same time, keeping AJ far away from both Wilder and Fury.

·
1,484 Posts
I expect about the same. AJ has improved a lot in recent years, but I think he's reached his limit re movement and reflexes.

The only difference will be that this time, Fast Eddie will make sure the judges give AJ the decision.

- Thus setting up the lucrative trilogy, and at the same time, keeping AJ far away from both Wilder and Fury.
In what Universe would AJ be fighting Wilder or Fury? Whoever wins fight 3 wants Usyk for Undisputed and I doubt the fight between two losers has as any more appeal than the World cup 3rd place playoff.

·
1,484 Posts
Was just thinking if AJ's eye socket is broken, then the rematch might not be able to happen inside the contractual date and that will retire AJ anyway. If AJ tried to fight on without the belts, the absolute best case scenario is becoming another Whyte, beating good fighters but permanently Frozen out from any title fight.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Was just thinking if AJ's eye socket is broken, then the rematch might not be able to happen inside the contractual date and that will retire AJ anyway. If AJ tried to fight on without the belts, the absolute best case scenario is becoming another Whyte, beating good fighters but permanently Frozen out from any title fight.
His only way forward is someone he can't beat.

·
1,484 Posts
Surely Usyk as champion could control Location? I'd be surprised if he allowed a UK fight, Ruiz didn't. Feb/March is exactly when I expected, allows AJ the chance to have a nice summer holiday to start his retirement after the fight.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I thought it was a pickem before the fight, more obviously Usyk is heavy favourite

Joshua needs to leave Mckracken (something that's been said for a while, so not a knee jerk reaction) his coaching consists of control with jab, right hand and counter left hook

Good fundementals that will beat other contenders, not other champions

·
Registered
152 Posts
Surely Usyk as champion could control Location? I'd be surprised if he allowed a UK fight, Ruiz didn't. Feb/March is exactly when I expected, allows AJ the chance to have a nice summer holiday to start his retirement after the fight.
After a sellout Tottenham crowd not getting AJ home the location of the rematch will be irrelevant to the result.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought it was a pickem before the fight, more obviously Usyk is heavy favourite

Joshua needs to leave Mckracken (something that's been said for a while, so not a knee jerk reaction) his coaching consists of control with jab, right hand and counter left hook

Good fundementals that will beat other contenders, not other champions
I could envisage a move to Shane McGuigan...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
More Hearn courage on behalf of Joshua :

"This game plan will not be box and move, this plan will be to go in and hurt Usyk"

Who's game plan was it to box Usyk in the first fight Eddie? If it was McCracken, get rid of him. If it wasn't, get a trainer AJ will actually listen to.

There must be accountability or there will just be more failure.

·
Registered
345 Posts
More Hearn courage on behalf of Joshua :

"This game plan will not be box and move, this plan will be to go in and hurt Usyk"

Who's game plan was it to box Usyk in the first fight Eddie? If it was McCracken, get rid of him. If it wasn't, get a trainer AJ will actually listen to.

There must be accountability or there will just be more failure.
100% but that starts with recognising your own mistakes, the interviews I've seen with Joshua are deluded, he needs to be honest with himself and say you know what I went in with a poor gameplan and my performance wasn't good enough.

The other thing is, in a rematch it's almost not as important as he wins, but that he at least gives a better account of himself, if in a rematch he wins 5 rounds to usyks 7 and doesn't get rocked half to death in the 12th round that's a good improvement and it would increase his respect and marketability, just to run Usyk close.

Im not sure if he can beat Usyk but I do think he can at least improve enough to put in a more respectable performance, and if he does that it'll be looked at more as a style that's just wrong for AJ rather than where he is now which is a laughing stock.

·
Registered
13,226 Posts
The other thing is, in a rematch it's almost not as important as he wins, but that he at least gives a better account of himself, if in a rematch he wins 5 rounds to usyks 7 and doesn't get rocked half to death in the 12th round that's a good improvement and it would increase his respect and marketability, just to run Usyk close.

Im not sure if he can beat Usyk but I do think he can at least improve enough to put in a more respectable performance, and if he does that it'll be looked at more as a style that's just wrong for AJ rather than where he is now which is a laughing stock.
All he has to do in the rematch is let his hands go a lot, and stay on his feet for 12 rounds. He doesn't even have to land anything, just make a show of it, so the commentators & judges can pretend he was landing and give him the decision.

Then Fast Eddie sets up the lucrative trilogy, and the whole 3-ring circus comes to town.

Send in the fricking clowns.......

·
Registered
451 Posts
AJ sticks it on Usyk, Usyk moves around him, tags him with a looping left and finishes him with a right hook. It's a terrible match-up on paper and that was a serious beatdown. Usyk has his number. This wasn't Ruiz Jr clocking him with a hook and holding his own, this was a systematic mental and physical torture chamber for AJ over 12 rounds. AJ was in a very bad way after the bell.

The low and high feints, speed of foot, speed of hand. You name it, he fell for it. I still can't get over just how unaware AJ was of the outside foot.

Watch the Savon fight in the Olympics (that he lost imo), a decent technician with excellent feet is just a terrible match-up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
AJ sticks it on Usyk, Usyk moves around him, tags him with a looping left and finishes him with a right hook. It's a terrible match-up on paper and that was a serious beatdown. Usyk has his number. This wasn't Ruiz Jr clocking him with a hook and holding his own, this was a systematic mental and physical torture chamber for AJ over 12 rounds. AJ was in a very bad way after the bell.

The low and high feints, speed of foot, speed of hand. You name it, he fell for it. I still can't get over just how unaware AJ was of the outside foot.

Watch the Savon fight in the Olympics (that he lost imo), a decent technician with excellent feet is just a terrible match-up.
It's a bad style match up but stranger things have happened than AJ winning a rematch.

We are on the crest of the wave of the hype right now and people are so reactionary.

I mean for gawd sake Wilder got whipped far worse by fury in the last fight and everyone said he should never take the rematch as Fury would kill him, yet quite a few people are giving him a good chance now because a bit of time has gone by, he has malik Scott and has shown some basic techniques on the pads.

I'll reserve judgement until I see what actions AJ does or doesn't take in the next few months.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts