Boxing Forums banner

Usyk vs. Joshua II Winner and How?

• Anthony Joshua Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Dunno if it's true, but I just read that Usyk has voluntarily gone back to Ukraine, in case he needs to be drafted for the war.

Just wow ......
It's funny that because I was wondering only yesterday why Victor Postol was still in the US, now that he's had his fight I would expect he immediately return to his country to defend it from foreign invasion, to hear Usyk has answered the cry is to be expected and I hope all Ukrainians abroad are rushing home as a matter of urgency, they need all hands on deck

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,605 Posts
Hearn claims the fight isn't under threat. Not sure he is in a position to assure anyone of that
No I think no one could hope to be confident. I would suggest that the governing bodies assign him "Champion in Recess" if he has gone back to the Ukraine as he will be unlikely to fight in 2022. Then AJ could fight Joyce/Ortiz/Dubois for the titles until Usyk returns to active status for the rematch. Seems like the only fair solution, will be hard to stop the titles fragmenting tho and if they don't it'll be harsh on AJ not being able to fight as I'm guessing the rematch contract is conditional on that being his next fight. If they do fragment or AJ isn't given the shot to regain the unified, I suspect he'll retire given there will be little chance of any new titleholder giving him another shot (well on any reasonable terms).

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Joshua vs Wallin makes perfect sense hes the closest you are going to get to Usyk

Please not Luis Ortiz, Hearn signed him years ago to fight AJ but Ortiz was in such boring fights he gave up making it so making it now would be a joke

·
1,605 Posts
Shows how low the opinion of AJ is now that anyone things that is a 50/50 fight.
I dunno how a 50/50 fight would be perfect for AJ given he has a world title fight next assuming he wins.

It looks like Usyk is going into camp anyway so the rematch will likely be in June anyway. I have to admit I'm not confident that AJ has done anything to improve his chances, it has seemed very unfocused to be honest but hopefully at very least he wont try and outbox him and go for the stoppage in the first half and if it fails at least he gave it a shot.

·
Registered
13,300 Posts
I dunno how a 50/50 fight would be perfect for AJ given he has a world title fight next assuming he wins.
That's a fair point, if only thinking about dollars.

- But AJ is rich enough. He doesn't need a guaranteed huge payday. What he needs is
1: A tough-but-winnable fight that might actually teach him something, and
2: A win over a serious opponent, to gain some confidence back.

Wallin is much better than many fans give him credit for, and is the perfect choice for AJ.
He'd also make a GREAT opponent for Usyk (from the fans' standpoint) as he has much better defense than AJ as in much more mobile. Plus, if he managed to get past AJ, then he would be an even better fighter, once facing Usyk.

·
1,605 Posts
That's a fair point, if only thinking about dollars.

- But AJ is rich enough. He doesn't need a guaranteed huge payday. What he needs is
1: A tough-but-winnable fight that might actually teach him something, and
2: A win over a serious opponent, to gain some confidence back.

Wallin is much better than many fans give him credit for, and is the perfect choice for AJ.
He'd also make a GREAT opponent for Usyk (from the fans' standpoint) as he has much better defense than AJ as in much more mobile. Plus, if he managed to get past AJ, then he would be an even better fighter, once facing Usyk.
I agree AJ doesn't need the Payday but if he was going to need an interim fight (which looks unlikely now) he should surely be picking at least a 80% win fight? Otherwise he is risking his only remaining shot at the World titles. I know he wouldn't want to go Tomato can but while he will get stick from the haters (they would have complained whatever anyway) risking his last shot to regain the titles by fighting anyone decent is just stupid.

·
delivering the truth
1,361 Posts
I agree AJ doesn't need the Payday but if he was going to need an interim fight (which looks unlikely now) he should surely be picking at least a 80% win fight? Otherwise he is risking his only remaining shot at the World titles. I know he wouldn't want to go Tomato can but while he will get stick from the haters (they would have complained whatever anyway) risking his last shot to regain the titles by fighting anyone decent is just stupid.
This from the same clown who was so critical of Fury taking 'at least 80% win' fights when he came back from boxing after shedding so much weight and after so much downtime, and then between Wilder fights.

Are you a fulltime hypocrite or do you just save it for boxing forums?

Clueless little girls really should be filtered out of boxing forums.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Oleksandr Usyk has ensured the Anthony Joshua rematch will be free to watch for everyone in Ukraine. Usyk tried to buy the TV rights for Ukraine but the Saudis decided to gift them to him. Usyk really is an outstanding individual.

·
1,605 Posts
Oleksandr Usyk has ensured the Anthony Joshua rematch will be free to watch for everyone in Ukraine. Usyk tried to buy the TV rights for Ukraine but the Saudis decided to gift them to him. Usyk really is an outstanding individual.
While it's a lovely Idea surely this will be pretty hard to stop anyone with a VPN from watching for free and Tanking Sky's PPV sales?

·
1,605 Posts
So you are simply incapable of just giving him credit for it?
No I said I appreciate he is trying to do a nice thing, but the idea is flawed and I'm pointing that out and the only reason you are arguing is you take some perverse pleasure in arguing with me if I'm pointing out what is common sense.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No I said I appreciate he is trying to do a nice thing, but the idea is flawed and I'm pointing that out and the only reason you are arguing is you take some perverse pleasure in arguing with me if I'm pointing out what is common sense.
You are unable to leave the 'but' out, that's my point. Like it is conditional when it plainly isn't.

As for you, of all people, claiming the only reason someone else is arguing here for some perverse pleasure. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah right, 'Fighting the Fury Scum'. :ROFLMAO:

·
1,605 Posts
You are unable to leave the 'but' out, that's my point. Like it is conditional when it plainly isn't.

As for you, of all people, claiming the only reason someone else is arguing here for some perverse pleasure. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah right, 'Fighting the Fury Scum'. :ROFLMAO:
You are either stupid or intentionally obtuse, of course you could say it's a nice thing and nothing else but that would be disingenuous when it's clearly a short sighted idea however well intentioned. I never argue for argument's sake, I have a point to make and it's clear most round here see most things differently to me so I don't have the luxury of everyone sheepishly agreeing with me.

Fury is a bad guy, from a violent family, who has taken drugs and made sexist and homophobic statements and continues to conduct himself like a drunken lout so I will continue to point that out and the fact that most people on this site are blind either consciously or unconsciously to that makes no difference. I wont stop because the truth is the truth.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts