Boxing Forums banner

Usyk vs. Joshua II Winner and How?

• Anthony Joshua Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You are such a downhill skier. The kind of fair weather friend nobody wants or needs.
I'm still an AJ fan and it's because I'm an AJ fan I want him to retire if he loses, it's worthless cunts like you who want to see him continue so if he loses to anyone else you can say he was always terrible and never deserved to win anything. There is no Shame to losing to a P2P king contender like Usyk and if he loses he can and should retire with dignity after a glittering if not perfect career and I was just being brutally honest which is what I would do with my friends in real life, lying to people to make them feel better only causes more problems in the future.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I'm still an AJ fan and it's because I'm an AJ fan I want him to retire if he loses, it's worthless cunts like you who want to see him continue so if he loses to anyone else you can say he was always terrible and never deserved to win anything. There is no Shame to losing to a P2P king contender like Usyk and if he loses he can and should retire with dignity after a glittering if not perfect career and I was just being brutally honest which is what I would do with my friends in real life, lying to people to make them feel better only causes more problems in the future.
No need to use profanity now. As Chris Eubank would say lets stick to Parliamentary procedure.

Reactions: Gareth

·
Registered
4,492 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
This is so much BS, if he loses he is a LOSER! He has lost twice to the same guy! He can't claim to be anything but a journeyman at that point, history will have written him off entirely, and they only way he continues is if DAZN have signed a suicidal deal that offers him the same money as a has-been as it would of as the champ! I would never pay a PPV to watch him again if he loses.

I don't see a deal that can be made for the Fury fight because AJ has no leverage and I would be surprised if Fury offered him more than 90/10 and I think AJ would be pretty desperate to basically line Fury's pockets in a fight which at that point would be an enormous underdog. The Whyte II fight leads no where, is a between two fighters who have just proved they are busted flushes and while I would expect AJ to beat the Chisora comfortably that doesn't say much, Delboy is a warrior but his level is pretty low at this point. It's like Man Utd beating Tranmere, it doesn't mean they are any good or it is worth watching.

I will also expect AJ's sponsors to drop him quietly as soon as an existing deals come to their end, Brands want winners not old has beens, they will move to younger up and comers like Conor Benn.
Fury vs AJ will be a huge fight 60/40 purse split for a fight with AJ will still be a bigger split for Fury. Then 100% for a fight with anyone else.

Fury is a bigger Star in America AJ is a bigger star in the Middle East. And as promoters for both fighters have stated Arum and Hearn to satisfy the financial needs of both fighters the fight between them will be in Saudi. And they will pay big money. Fury is an intelligent guy he is not going to lose the biggest purse of his career by demanding an unfair split.

To put things in perspective Amir Khan made $5 Million by fighting Crawford. And in his very next fight made $7 million for fighting Billy Dib in Saudi. The Saudis will pay silly money.

AJ despite his flaws is still a huge name, it will be a while before he is reduced to Journey Man level purses.

Reactions: Gareth

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Fury vs AJ will be a huge fight 60/40 purse split for a fight with AJ will still be a bigger split for Fury. Then 100% for a fight with anyone else.

Fury is a bigger Star in America AJ is a bigger star in the Middle East. And as promoters for both fighters have stated Arum and Hearn to satisfy the financial needs of both fighters the fight between them will be in Saudi. And they will pay big money. Fury is an intelligent guy he is not going to lose the biggest purse of his career by demanding an unfair split.

To put things in perspective Amir Khan made $5 Million by fighting Crawford. And in his very next fight made $7 million for fighting Billy Dib in Saudi. The Saudis will pay silly money.

AJ despite his flaws is still a huge name, it will be a while before he is reduced to Journey Man level purses.
I'm not disagreeing that is true but too often the split becomes about their "value" as somekind of validation of their ego and given too many people have been blowing smoke up Fury's ass for too long he could well refuse any sensible deal. Tbh I would think AJ would be more likely to accept 60/40 even if he thinks he deserves 50/50 (which if he beats Usyk he would well deserve). Obviously this fight will be in the middle east it's only a question of whether another oil rich state wants to try and trump Saudi but most like it will be there as every big money fight will be for the considerable future.

Obviously the fight only happens with an AJ win, even if AJ is desperate and weak enough to continue as a sideshow after losing to Usyk then there is no way reasonable terms could be agreed.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I can see this fight going one of two ways. AJ by KO no later than round 8 or Usyk by UD if it goes the distance.

If AJ uses his size and strength difference, it could be a fairly early night for him. However, if Usyk can evade that power and drag AJ deep into the later rounds, I think he can easily get the UD as AJ tires. Usyk is not going to stand right in front of AJ looking to absorb big shots and use his boxing skills to keep him at bay.

If I had to pick an outcome, I'd have to go with Usyk by UD.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
So I am the only one picking AJ in the poll. Biggest flaw for AJ is his mindset seems to be a mental weakness there.
If he comes into the fight with a Marvin Hagler destruct and destroy mindset he will win easily.

But then again he aint no Hagler... AJ seems more like a Gerry Cooney and gets too anxious.

But I still think he will ride out the rough moments and win by Ko.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
Usyk all the way.

I'm surprised he didn't put on much weight since the last fight, but that probably means he'll once again be fighting slick and evasive, which will once again wear AJ out.

Don't go by the Chisora fight. That was obviously Usyk testing the waters at HW, purposely engaging a little with a "reasonably safe" opponent, to see what it feels like to fight a guy that big. He's not going to do that against AJ.

Also, the only meaningful punches Chisora landed were body shots. So we know Usyk can take heavy blows, and also, AJ is not much of a body puncher. (IIRC)
I read that AJ has specifically been working on his body attack for this fight (probably Garcia's idea, based on the Chisora fight) but:
1: Body shots mostly work when thrown close. AJ will have a very hard time getting close.
2: Usyk being so much shorter will make it extra-hard for AJ to land body shots cleanly.
3: When a tall fighter throws body shots at a much smaller opponent, the tendency is to leave your chin exposed. Not a great gameplan againt the Ukrainian.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I think this will likely be all down to whether AJ can apply any pressure in those first two or three rounds a get a flush shot, if he manages it and it even causes a micro stumble by Usyk, he has to go 100% and not stop until Usyk is out cold or he is from exhaustion, if he hesitates for even ½ a second that one chance (which might not even come) will be over and against Usyk you will only get one tiny opportunity at best. AJ has been a little gunshy since Ruiz 1 and if he doesn't realise that what he should be scared of here is not being hit or even being knocked out but repeating the first fight and leaving contention for World titles not knowing if he had turned on the old killer instinct he could have won it will likely haunt him for the rest of his days.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I think this will likely be all down to whether AJ can apply any pressure in those first two or three rounds a get a flush shot, if he manages it and it even causes a micro stumble by Usyk, he has to go 100% and not stop until Usyk is out cold or he is from exhaustion, if he hesitates for even ½ a second that one chance (which might not even come) will be over and against Usyk you will only get one tiny opportunity at best. AJ has been a little gunshy since Ruiz 1 and if he doesn't realise that what he should be scared of here is not being hit or even being knocked out but repeating the first fight and leaving contention for World titles not knowing if he had turned on the old killer instinct he could have won it will likely haunt him for the rest of his days.
My thinking exactly AJ needs to find that success early. Or else he will become disheartened and lose his composure.

He has the power and explosiveness but does he have the ability the mental resilience to follow and stick with the game plan to cut of the ring close the gap and deliver.

Also kind of Odd.... AJ is making statements on his career progression IF he loses.

And Eddie Hearns who always backs his fighters 100% preflight. Is talking about IF AJ wins.

Seems to be a lot of IFs and Buts coming from this Team. Looks like they themselves are entering this fight with doubts.

·
just loving boxing
318 Posts
Gun shy AJ definitely is. His belief in his ability to take a punch took a battering at Ruiz's hands.

That Hearn and AJ are both discussing the scenarios of IF he wins and IF he loses is a public display of pessimism that isn't going to help AJ's cause.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
After the first fight Eddie Hearn revealed that AJ did not seem to have confidence in his own game plan. The first thing he did upon entering the ring was walkover to his head of security Clifton mitchell a former heavyweight boxer And asked him about strategy.

This fight he seems to be asking anyone and everyone on what strategy to use. Here is Spencer Oliver who was also asked.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
After the first Eddie Hearn revealed that AJ did not seem to have confidence in his own game plan. The first thing he did upon entering the ring was walkover to his head of security Clifton mitchell a former heavyweight boxer And asked him about strategy.

This fight he seems to be asking anyone and everyone on what strategy to use. Here is Spencer Oliver who was also asked.

I am thinking that all the coaching assistants and hangers on in his camp are probably giving their own 2 cents and undermining whatever Robert Garcia is telling him. Hence the confusion in AJs mind about strategy.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
Usyk’s waspish movement is reminiscent of prime Pacquiao, he really does it take it out of his opponents just with the constant work rate and movement.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
AJ finding shots after taking a shot but they’re sparing … only takes one clean one though let’s face it

·
The Anti-Bully
13,693 Posts
AJ boxing much better in this fight, he’s mostly sticking to his own fight plan and not having Usyk dictate everything and forcing him to fight Usyks fight.

No easy thing.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts