Boxing Forums banner

Usyk vs. Joshua II Winner and How?

• Anthony Joshua Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I found myself really cheering for AJ in the second fight but Uysk is just too good.
AJ had moments but just isn't consistent enough to be able to beat a master technician like Uysk.

Hopefully now we get the full unification. I don't know who would win but I know who I'd be cheering for in that one and it's Uysk.

As for AJ... he certainly doesn't handle loss well and his post fight antics was weird. But hopefully he can take a break, regroup and come back.. He absolutely doesn't need to retire. He needs a break then a couple confidence builders in front of him but after that there's heaps of good fights to be made for him. Put Joe Joyce in front of him and we'll get the wrecking ball AJ back. A rubber match with Ruiz is still fun. AJ VS Wilder is interesting. He can decapitate Whyte. Parker 2 would be ok.

It's laughable to think just because he's not champ there isn't big fights for him. He's just got to get over the mental hurdle that he won't be fighting for a belt anytime soon. Though on that front, who knows what happens. If Fury really is retired the WBC becomes vacant. How long will Uysk want to stick around? Can he keep all the belts together and satisfy the mandatories? AJ very well could be champ again in the not to distant future by way of vacant belt. He still beats just about everyone else in the division outside of Uysk and likely Fury

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I found myself really cheering for AJ in the second fight but Uysk is just too good.
AJ had moments but just isn't consistent enough to be able to beat a master technician like Uysk.

Hopefully now we get the full unification. I don't know who would win but I know who I'd be cheering for in that one and it's Uysk.

As for AJ... he certainly doesn't handle loss well and his post fight antics was weird. But hopefully he can take a break, regroup and come back.. He absolutely doesn't need to retire. He needs a break then a couple confidence builders in front of him but after that there's heaps of good fights to be made for him. Put Joe Joyce in front of him and we'll get the wrecking ball AJ back. A rubber match with Ruiz is still fun. AJ VS Wilder is interesting. He can decapitate Whyte. Parker 2 would be ok.

It's laughable to think just because he's not champ there isn't big fights for him. He's just got to get over the mental hurdle that he won't be fighting for a belt anytime soon. Though on that front, who knows what happens. If Fury really is retired the WBC becomes vacant. How long will Uysk want to stick around? Can he keep all the belts together and satisfy the mandatories? AJ very well could be champ again in the not to distant future by way of vacant belt. He still beats just about everyone else in the division outside of Uysk and likely Fury
Motivation is the key, it's not that there are fighters AJ could beat, it's does it matter to him? What is he doing it for? If it's money fine but it's gonna be a lot less as a second tier fighter but I would be surprised if a man with £100m plus was motivated by a few million per fight. Alternatively maybe he just likes boxing and wants to continue to improve and isn't bothered by any accolades for anything he achieves, it's definitely possible but for someone who chased the World Title, Unified and Undisputed it would seem odd to revert to not caring about recognition.

Whatever happens with Fury/Usyk and the belts is anyone's guess although mine is that it is very unlikely any belts become free before next summer at the earliest but even if they did and AJ had won enough fights between now and then to be considered a contender, does a belt help at this point? If the motivation is money, yes it sorts the problems and AJ can start earning bigger money again but if it's about legacy it's not as he has still lost to Usyk twice and will be considered at best a second tier flawed but entertaining fighter. My worry is that AJ is still deluded into believing he has any chance of recovering his reputation to better than that, athletes often struggle to accept when they have reached their limit and it feels if he had he would retire imminently.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
How one judge scored that fight for AJ is beyond me. It defies logic and certainly didn't do justice to the way Usyk fought to win the majority of the rounds.
That judge was watching a different fight to the rest of us. I can understand how he might have had it close up to about round 9 but Usyk's work rate during the championship rounds was super human.

Looking at Glenn Feldman's card, he scored 5 of the first 6 rounds to AJ. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
That judge was watching a different fight to the rest of us. I can understand how he might have had it close up to about round 9 but Usyk's work rate during the championship rounds was super human.

Looking at Glenn Feldman's card, he scored 5 of the first 6 rounds to AJ. :ROFLMAO:
Eddie Hearn only payed one judge you gotta make sure at least two of them are payed. Somebody at Matchroom messed up.

Or Glenn was making sure he got hired for future AJ fights. But given the back lash I think he miscalculated.

Reactions: Philly Shell
141 - 144 of 144 Posts