Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15,417 Posts
Yeah just watched it over on GF, Very good video. Steward tried at times to keep some control but Lampley really goes into full Pac mode. Timmy's stab jab to mid section was impressive.

Thanks for posting :good.

· Registered
17,509 Posts
Just watching now. Lederman's comment of "Bradley never moves his head" :lol:. That was his main strength in the fight :patsch

Not trying to come across as some kind of expert here but this video just confirms what I thought I saw in the fight. Bradley was making Manny miss nearly all of the time, but didn't have the experience to be able to come back with much offensively early on. He was only able to survive. The Primetime commentary I heard was even worse than HBO's though. They must have said that Bradley was on the verge of getting knocked out about a dozen times in the first half of the fight.

I'll keep watching..

About half way through the video, the guy mentions that Bradley "ducks & counters", without Bradley actually countering or even attempting to. Like Chatty said, the video editor has just as much of an agenda as HBO may have had.

I think the main point to be taken from this video is that it's near impossible to accurately call a fight, shot-by-shot, from watching it live.

It is interesting though. Which is the complete opposite of the guy that actually made the video:

Listen to his voice ffs :lol:

He also says Adamek/Chambers was no robbery and he thought the right guy won :patsch

· The Bobsledinator
32,790 Posts
the commentary was laughable, but the fight was still a robbery

my mate still reads shitsideboxing and he said that on there people are calling it the worst robbery of all time, so glad to be banned from that embarrassing shit hole

· Registered
1,775 Posts
It wasn't the worst robbery, but it was still a robbery. I think the worst part of it all was that it was just absolutely so obvious that Arum had planned it to get another pay day out of a rematch.

· Registered
502 Posts
i thought it could of gone either way,never a robbery in a millon years.most rounds were close,some of the cards off so called experts were laughable,its pac huggery at its worst.
i still don't get all the shit going on about this fight,to me pac throws it away,he was not interested,or just didnt know what to do when a fighter actually moves around the ring and just don't stand in front of him like cotto/mosley/margorito/clottey

· Registered
511 Posts
i wouldn't look too much into these videos, the people who make them have as much an agenda as the guys ass licking Pacquaio at HBO.
Wordup.

Any way you slice it Braddles was doing a good job hanging in there, backed Pacquiao up a couple times, and slipped some shots but more often than not he'd get dragged into exchanges and get tagged with that straight left over and over again, Pac also made him miss with a punch of slips himself and scored a few step out and hook counters and lefts.

Lampley should be fired

· Registered
511 Posts
and to prevent a fight with Mayweather
I feel like a couple years back(when Manny was looking like the goddamn Terminator circa Oscar-->Clottey) he would have cashed out on one and tried to make a series but now i dont think he feels its worth it

He realized the fight isnt gonna get made, so he's basically gonna try and turn Manny into your typical past prime boxer, building up newcomers off wins over the guy(whether they're legit or not) and setting up more frequent but essentially irrelevant fights. I think that if he actually had another good boxer at this weight he would have tried to match Pac with him (i guess they were tryna build Mike Jones into this role LOL).

business is a bitch, i cant watch another top rank farce again

· The Bobsledinator
32,790 Posts
I feel like a couple years back(when Manny was looking like the goddamn Terminator circa Oscar-->Clottey) he would have cashed out on one and tried to make a series but now i dont think he feels its worth it

He realized the fight isnt gonna get made, so he's basically gonna try and turn Manny into your typical past prime boxer, building up newcomers off wins over the guy(whether they're legit or not) and setting up more frequent but essentially irrelevant fights. I think that if he actually had another good boxer at this weight he would have tried to match Pac with him (i guess they were tryna build Mike Jones into this role LOL).

business is a bitch, i cant watch another top rank farce again
maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, one thing's a guaran-fucking-tee though, and that is that I hate boxing politics with every fibre of my warrior being

· Registered
22,444 Posts
Wordup.

Any way you slice it Braddles was doing a good job hanging in there, backed Pacquiao up a couple times, and slipped some shots but more often than not he'd get dragged into exchanges and get tagged with that straight left over and over again, Pac also made him miss with a punch of slips himself and scored a few step out and hook counters and lefts.

Lampley should be fired
Yeah I agree, I know and knew HBO would be ass kissing but the commentary doesn't cloud my judgement, generally I can watch a fight without listening to them so I don't need the sound off. I do think Pacquaio won clearly by 3-4 rounds+ but as you say Bradley did a good job of neutralising Pacquaio's offense. Problem was he didn't get nearly anything noteworthy in himself whereas at least Pacquaio was scoring clean shots throughout.

I only watched a minute of the video and could see it was edited to make Pacquaio look like shit as well as giving the commerntary team shit. Thing is the commentary team always nuthug, they probably get told too so its no surprise that they go over the top.

· Registered
511 Posts
Yeah I agree, I know and knew HBO would be ass kissing but the commentary doesn't cloud my judgement, generally I can watch a fight without listening to them so I don't need the sound off. I do think Pacquaio won clearly by 3-4 rounds+ but as you say Bradley did a good job of neutralising Pacquaio's offense. Problem was he didn't get nearly anything noteworthy in himself whereas at least Pacquaio was scoring clean shots throughout.

I only watched a minute of the video and could see it was edited to make Pacquaio look like shit as well as giving the commerntary team shit. Thing is the commentary team always nuthug, they probably get told too so its no surprise that they go over the top.
Oh no, I do not think Bradley neutralized anyone's offense. It's just that Pac simply doesn't throw as much anymore so it just looks like that. In almost every round he was scoring harder, cleaner shots, he completely controlled the pace of the fight in almost every round (i dont consider Bradley's weak outside shuffle away game in the later rounds to mean shit, its effective only in the sense of Pac not being able to light the guy up). Bradley is fucked at the higher levels of this sport because he just can't finish or hit hard. He doesn't have the mentality, techique, accuracy, or power. It's really a fatal flaw. I would rate the guy's offensive effectiveness purely on good (not great or excellent) boxing skill and pure volume.

· Registered
6,403 Posts
Didn't someone make one of these for Pacquiao - Marquez 3? Saying that if you watch the fight in slow motion Pacquiao won.

I've watched it a few times, and Timmy never won 6 rounds

· Registered
4,240 Posts
The commentary over here was wank too, I feel the overall robbery has taken the light away from a pretty decent performance and a brave effort. I only gave Bradley 3 rounds on my card but he was still in the fight for the majority of them.

· Along came a spider
14,188 Posts
Pac threw only a few less punches against Bradley than he did against Cotto. His work rate wasn't low, he was just picking his spots.

Bradley was throwing punches that just weren't landing. to credit him.for working all three minutes is weird, because his work was completely ineffective.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.