• Wilder on PTS

• AJ by KO

• AJ on PTS

• Too close to call

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
After the Klitschko fight I though AJ would walk down Wilder and get the KO. Since the Ruiz fiasco and then the 2 losses to Usyk, that is no longer how I feel. AJ seems to have gotten more tentative in his offensive attack and not going all out to get those KO's. I think he's worried about stamina issues and holding back, and it's hurting his win/loss ratio.

As much as I dislike Wilder and as limited as he is as a boxer, I have to say he brutally KO's AJ somewhere around round 8 and up. It won't go the distance.

Wilder has that "Get Out Of Jail Free" card in that right hand and it's saved his ass more than once.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
Pre-Ruiz, post-Ruiz, doesn't matter.
Wilder would literally end AJ's career.

AJ's style is literally perfect for the Tuscaloosa Tornado:
Fight from the outside... throw a few punches then stop.... throw a few punches then stop.... throw a few punches then BAM! And you wake up in the hospital.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,694 Posts
AJ isn't elusive enough to avoid the big shots in the first 6 rounds with Wilder and his hesitancy to take that shot would make him more gun shy than normal, I'd expect Joshua to fight in a style similar to AJ Ruiz 2.

If he does get into a shoot-out with Wilder then it ends with AJ on his back more times out of ten than it does with Wilder imo.

Let's not kid ourselves though, when Joshua gets his opponent going then he can still be an effective finisher, even Usyk had his moment in that second fight... and when Wilder is put under pressure he can't fight very well off the back foot.

I think Wilder stops AJ about say 7 times out of 10 but it's not a forgone conclusion. I think this makes a great fight, whether AJ would want it after a Fury loss I'm not too sure. I still think Joshua would have been better opting for lesser opponents for a year or so before jumping back into the deep waters. Fury knows this is the perfect time to take the AJ fight.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Pre-Ruiz, post-Ruiz, doesn't matter.
Wilder would literally end AJ's career.

AJ's style is literally perfect for the Tuscaloosa Tornado:
Fight from the outside... throw a few punches then stop.... throw a few punches then stop.... throw a few punches then BAM! And you wake up in the hospital.
The issue is, Wilder can't fight on the back foot. AJ hits hard enough to push Wilder back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts