Boxing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
Based on current record / opposition, or based more on skill & power?

If the latter, meaning if these guys all fought each other 3X and you averaged the results, then:

1. Fury
2. Usyk
3. Wilder
5. Anderson - I'm tempted to put him at #3, but he hasn't faced a tough enough challenge yet.
6. Makhmudov - Would murder AJ.
7. Ditchko - Would murder AJ, bury him underground, then dig him up and murder him again.
8. Joshua
9. Ruiz - If we knew he'd show up in shape, then he moves to #8.
10. Wallin

11. Whyte
12. Jalolov
13: Sirenko

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Based on current record / opposition, or based more on skill & power?

If the latter, meaning if these guys all fought each other 3X and you averaged the results, then:

1. Fury
2. Usyk
3. Wilder
5. Anderson - I'm tempted to put him at #3, but he hasn't faced a tough enough challenge yet.
6. Makhmudov - Would murder AJ.
7. Ditchko - Would murder AJ, bury him underground, then dig him up and murder him again.
8. Joshua
9. Ruiz - If we knew he'd show up in shape, then he moves to #8.
10. Wallin

11. Whyte
12. Jalolov
13: Sirenko
I think of these things as a mixed consideration of recent form and H to H.

You have thought outside the square a bit with some of your nominations.

No Joyce? No Parker?

Who is your number 4?

·
just loving boxing
318 Posts
1/ Fury
2/ Usyk
3/ Joshua
4/ Wilder
5/ Whyte
6/ Parker
7/ Ruiz
8/ Joyce
9/ Ortiz
10/ Wallin/Hrgovic

Many of the above are close calls.

Fury is obvious at 1 and Usyk at 2. They are alone on the top tier.

The 2nd tier is Joshua and Wilder but not necessarily in that order.

The 3rd tier is Whyte, Parker and Ruiz with Joyce knocking on the door. Obviously Parker-Joyce will be a good indicator of which one belongs there.

Hrgovic would have been alone at10 or perhaps even at 9 but he found his level against Zhang, even if he was awarded the win.

·
Registered
13,411 Posts
I think of these things as a mixed consideration of recent form and H to H.

You have thought outside the square a bit with some of your nominations.

No Joyce? No Parker?

Who is your number 4?
#4 is Anderson. I just screwed up the numbers. :)

Joyce is nothing but a big lumbering tree with a heavy punch. Any top-5 opponent would destroy him.

Parker? Puhleez.... A one-dimension swarmer looked promising early on, but who's best days are waaaaay past him.

I really hate when these lists get made (or official rankings for that matter,) and guys who LOST several times to top-level opponents get ranked ahead of young undefeated monsters with "decent" wins on their resume. Does anyone actually think Parker could beat Anderson? or Makhmudov? Not a chance.

And Ortiz, for all his past accomplishments, is an A- fighter and way past his prime. I love the guy, but he's not a top-ten HW any longer.
----------------

Interesting that you put Hrgovic at #10, even after his LOSS to Zhang. I agree that the dirty POS is very talented, but he looked like ass in that last fight.
And lets' face it, he doesn't have a single serious scalp on his record. (Not to mention LOSING to slow-hands Zhang.)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
#4 is Anderson. I just screwed up the numbers. :)

Joyce is nothing but a big lumbering tree with a heavy punch. Any top-5 opponent would destroy him.

Parker? Puhleez.... A one-dimension swarmer looked promising early on, but who's best days are waaaaay past him.

I really hate when these lists get made (or official rankings for that matter,) and guys who LOST several times to top-level opponents get ranked ahead of young undefeated monsters with "decent" wins on their resume. Does anyone actually think Parker could beat Anderson? or Makhmudov? Not a chance.

And Ortiz, for all his past accomplishments, is an A- fighter and way past his prime. I love the guy, but he's not a top-ten HW any longer.
----------------

Interesting that you put Hrgovic at #10, even after his LOSS to Zhang. I agree that the dirty POS is very talented, but he looked like ass in that last fight.
And lets' face it, he doesn't have a single serious scalp on his record. (Not to mention LOSING to slow-hands Zhang.)
So your list is :

1. Fury
2. Usyk
3. Wilder
4. Anderson
5. Makhmudov
6. Dychko
7. Joshua
8. Ruiz
9. Wallin
10. Whyte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts