Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the RBR for the ITV PPV card - Saturday 23rd Feb.

:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb

Full running order -

18:00 ITV4 ON AIR LIVE

8 x 3 SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT

ANTHONY CACACE Vs ALAN CASTILLO

19:00 - ITV BOX OFFICE ON AIR LIVE

ELIMINATOR for BRITISH LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

ANDRE STERLING Vs RICKY SUMMERS

IBF INTER-CONTINENTAL LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
LEE SELBY Vs OMAR DOUGLAS

Ringwalk not before 21.00
Commonwealth & WBA 'GOLD' Heavyweight Titles.

JOE JOYCE Vs BERMANE STIVERNE

Ringwalk not before 22.00
IBO Super Middleweight World Title.

JAMES DEGALE Vs CHRIS EUBANK JR

FLOAT FIGHTS
6/8 x 3 WELTERWEIGHT

CHRIS KONGO Vs CEDRICK PEYNAUD

4 x 3 CRUISERWEIGHT
CHEZ NIHELL Vs KENT KAUPPINEN

4 x 3 LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT
SEB EUBANK Vs DAN BELCHER

Steve Bunce:-
"I spoke to two people with 80 years' experience in boxing at the news conference about this fight and they had no clue on who wins. If Eubank beats DeGale in style then it is the end of DeGale as a serious contender. It's certainly the end for Eubank as a big earner if DeGale wins. It's an intriguing fight - a fresher and under-threat Eubank is my choice."

Mike Costello:-
"I do think we have seen the best of DeGale but I think if we see a good version of him he wins the fight. I'm also told that DeGale wants this so bad simply because it's Eubank Jr. He still dislikes the reaction of Eubank Jr in publicising details from when they sparred years ago."

Jim McDonnell:-
"There are levels to boxing. Chris was a good prospect coming through but he's not on the same level as James. He'll find out what it takes to be a world champion. James DeGale is levels above Chris Jr. Chris may have all the drive he needs but he doesn't have the skills to beat James DeGale. I know James is not losing. James DeGale is probably the best British fighter I've seen in my country."

Chris Eubank Sr:-
"I've seen the pinnacle of James and it's intoxicating. With Chris, not everything I've said has been applied. It may have been heard, but not applied. What I said works. I wouldn't have 19 championship wins if it didn't. I'm not convinced [Chris will win] because James DeGale has pedigree. Being an [Olympic] Gold Medalist and former world champion is real. I respect the man's abilities. Junior hasn't. My son looks at the physical aspect of boxing and, from a physical point of view, I don't think there is anyone who can stand with him. But boxing isn't just physical - it's also spiritual, and that's where Junior lacks. I don't know whether he has that. This is a 50/50 fight and for the first time I am petrified of what the outcome can be. I am petrified that Junior may not win this fight. This is the wisdom of someone who has been here. You never underestimate your opponent based on past performances. Anyone who thinks this guy is on a slide because of past performances is making a mistake. From a physical aspect, Junior has the upper hand. From a spiritual aspect and pedigree aspect, James has the upper hand, and that's why this is a 50/50 fight. I do know Chris has learned and let's see what is produced. It can be a brilliant fight."

Paulie Malignaggi:-
"I like our chances. I know the guy that I have been in camp with. The things I've seen, I like. They are much more positive this time around. You can't underestimate a guy like Eubank. He always comes to win. But, regardless of the gameplan, there is a certain mentality and my guy has it. He's a Gold Medalist and he knows what mentality to bring on Saturday. James has won two major world titles, an Olympic Gold Medal. Chris has had some good wins but when he went to that elite level, he lost. Chris is a good fighter but he's not beaten this level of opposition."

Showtime Boxing Preview: DeGale vs. Eubank Jr.
By: Ste Rowen

Two Brits from the South of England, both lay claim to being former World champions - James 'Chunky' DeGale with the IBF and Chris Eubank Jr with the suspect IBO; and each with a defeat to George Groves on their record, the pair have seemed to be on a collision course to meet in the ring for a while, even when DeGale was the IBF king at super-middleweight and Eubank was a lowly 160lb challenger.

On Saturday night at London's O2 Arena, they finally meet.

''This is my second coming I promise you.'' James, 25-2-1 (15KOs), told ITV. ''95% of people think I'm on the decline. I can't wait for this fight…I know what's left in myself…He thinks I'm not ready. He thinks he's gonna get me late on. He's in for a big surprise.

Eubank Jr sparring partner, not very complimentary.

Chris Eubank Jr will be 'exposed' by James DeGale, says former sparring partner

Denis Douglin, who was employed by Eubank to be his chief sparring partner for the past six weeks, has come out and thrown his support behind DeGale

James DeGale will "expose" Chris Eubank Jr in their all-British grudge match at the O2 Arena on Saturday.
That is the surprising opinion of Denis Douglin, who was employed by Eubank to be his chief sparring partner for the past six weeks.
The Brighton man even flew Douglin over and let him stay in his house for the entirety of the training camp, which was wrapped up on Friday before fight week kicked off.

But the so-called 'Momma's Boy', who is trained by his mother Saphya, has shown no loyalty to his former landlord and predicted that 33-year-old DeGale will be too crafty for Eubank when they collide at the weekend.
Douglin is no stranger to England having boxed - and lost - to George Groves in Liverpool back in late 2014, as part of a card on which DeGale also featured.

full article - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...y-o2-arena-latest-denis-douglin-a8790661.html

PPV bonus!!!

I'm quite looking forward to this card of boxing. I've had a cheeky tenner on a 635/1 triple, ha!

Enjoy the fights.

:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb:bbb

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
DeGale for me but I'm expecting a close fight. Should be fun.

Reactions: dkos

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Interesting comments from Snr about Jnr to say the least. In a recent interview where Snr kept say 'no comment' it was apparent a rift was forming and it appears to be widening.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Ringwalk not before 21.00
Commonwealth & WBA 'GOLD' Heavyweight Titles.

JOE JOYCE Vs BERMANE STIVERNE

Ringwalk not before 22.00
IBO Super Middleweight World Title.

JAMES DEGALE Vs CHRIS EUBANK JR

So there's a strong chance we're going to be seeing Kongo-Peynaud in between...
I hope so, I've been told that Kongo is a guy to watch

Reactions: dkos
1 - 20 of 410 Posts