Boxing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired British professional boxer and a current boxing promoter, Richard John "Ricky" Hatton has a net worth of £26 million as of May 2012, according to the Sunday Times Rich List. He joined the family carpet business on leaving school, but after he cut four of his fingers with a knife, his father made him a salesman. He had a football trial but opted for boxing and had his first fight in 1997. He had 47 fights and won 45.

Hatton announced his retirement from boxing in June, having said he had recovered from the depression that followed the shattering second-round knock-out by Manny Pacquiao which cost him his world light-welterweight title crown. He lost his boxing licence after admitting cocaine abuse but is rebuilding his career as a trainer at his Manchester gym and as a promoter. Less than six minutes in the ring with Pacquiao earned Hatton £12 million, taking his career prize money to £37 million. Since 2009, he has been promoting fights through Hatton Promotions, which handles boxers such as his brother, Matthew. Hatton's main company, Punch Promotions, went from a £7.8 million profit to a £2.47 million loss in 2010 when its net assets fell by £2.2 million to £25.6 million.

· Registered
837 Posts
I was reading through that site earlier, its Interesting to see who has money who doesnt, suprisingly Naz is doing well, Lennox is worth more now than when he retired and Big George is $$$$$
Richie Woodhall does better now than whe he fought I believe. 2 gyms, pundit, appearances etc. Can't be bad.

Kevin Mitchell is somebody I worry for as with John Murray. No brains and simple. Will defo hit the booze after the gloves are hung up.

· Registered
20 Posts
After the gloves are hung up? :lol:
What Mitchell should do is set aside some of his dough now to start up a gym and get young and upcoming fighters to train and be encouraged to box,it'd both be a diversion for Mitchell,instead of risking the demon drink and show he still would have a talent after his retirement from the game.Would you agree?

· Registered
50 Posts
Rumour has it there's supposedly a million missing which his Dad has took, however until Hatton can see his accounts he has no idea whether or not it has. I'm led to believe that things got 'strained' with them around 6 months after the Pacquiao defeat, when Hattons old fella and Gareth Williams were pressuring him to carry on fighting against his own wishes. Hattons dad is 'Money Obsessed'

· Registered
747 Posts
Rumour has it there's supposedly a million missing which his Dad has took, however until Hatton can see his accounts he has no idea whether or not it has. I'm led to believe that things got 'strained' with them around 6 months after the Pacquiao defeat, when Hattons old fella and Gareth Williams were pressuring him to carry on fighting against his own wishes. Hattons dad is 'Money Obsessed'
Everybody that Hatton comes into contact he seems to have fairly strained relations with. Graham, then Mayweather then Beard got the bot as well. Gareth Williams also upset him somewhere along the line. Now i'm hearing he fell out with his father. Strange what money does to people.

· Registered
20 Posts
Everybody that Hatton comes into contact he seems to have fairly strained relations with. Graham, then Mayweather then Beard got the bot as well. Gareth Williams also upset him somewhere along the line. Now i'm hearing he fell out with his father. Strange what money does to people.
As the good book says "money is the root of all evil".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.