Boxing Forums banner

Robert Stieglitz vs Arthur Abraham: who wins?

• Robert Stieglitz (KO)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Robert Stieglitz vs Arthur Abraham

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Roe 
#1 ·
Finally some decent boxing is back! This Saturday the battle of Germany takes place.

Any thoughts on this one? Arthur's been pretty average for a while now, wouldn't be all that surprised if Stieglitz just outworked him.

Odds are about 2/7 for AA and 11/4 for RS.

#2 · (Edited)
The battle of Germany between an Armenian and a Russian. If it goes to a close decision, who gets the nod. The boxer who's country of origin is closest to Germany, maybe?

But yeah, im gonna go with a Stieglitz decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fight went Abraham's way. Stieglitz is going to need to bag as many of the early rounds as possible, while avoiding Abraham's power shots in the last 30 seconds of round stealing he so often attempts. Arthur is inevitably going to come on strong here after a slow start in the last third of the fight, and Stieglitz will have to be on his game defensively, because I think one shot can end his night. I think the Russian will survive the last couple of rounds and nick a clear competitive decision. Should be a really good fight

#5 ·
#7 ·
Im surprised so many of you are favouring Abraham here, what gives?
Steig being super shit I suppose :lol:

His defence is crap, and Abe will find a way through

#9 ·
He aint though, IMO.

Abe has looked nothing but mediocre during his 168 career, i dont believe hes nearly as explosive as he was back in his 160 pound days either. Im backing the stig anyways :yep
:lol: I was only messing about. He isn't that bad, but I just think he is anything special at all. His defence is very leaky, and Abe can still punch. I agree he has been crap at 168, and I even think he is done, but he gets one last hurrah for me. He'll start slow, but he'll catch up with Steig late on IMO.

#10 · (Edited)
Im surprised so many of you are favouring Abraham here, what gives?
All 2 of us?:yep
I've already touched on it. Stieglitz makes for entertaining matches but the dude fights with his opponents glove on his jaw. Abraham packs a lot bigger bang than Stieglitz previous foes (even at this weight). I just don't think Stieglitz has the speed, height, jab, footwork and everything else to stay out of harms way for too long. I think it'll a fun fight though.

#11 ·
All 2 of us?:yep
I've already touched on it. Stieglitz makes for entertaining matches but the dude fights with his opponents glove on his jaw. Abraham packs a lot bigger bang than Stieglitz previous foes. I just don't think Stieglitz has the speed, height, jab, footwork and everything else to stay out of harms way for too long. I think it'll a fun fight though.
Im seeing it on a lot of the forums mate, seems to me Arthur is the sizable favorite. But fair enough, we'll see :yep

#12 · (Edited)
Im seeing it on a lot of the forums mate, seems to me Arthur is the sizable favorite. But fair enough, we'll see :yep
Stieglitz at 5/2 if you fancy a flutter bud!

I mean AA took a beating from Dirrell and Froch but both were taller guys and were very good at keeping him at arms length. I just can't see Stieglitz doing that. He's getting his chin tested thats for sure. Maybe it'll hold, maybe not but it's going to be fun finding out:hey

#24 · (Edited)
Not seen it yet, worth a watch a bit later?
Pity you know the result now. When AA started getting through in the first round (yes AA took the first!) I thought there is no way this is going the distance. Stieglitz is a maniac. He just kept attacking Arthur all while getting hit by AA's best punches. Very competitive fight.

Oh and be prepared for some truly horrendous commentating by the Boxnation team:ughh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.