Boxing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and say Andy Ruiz takes this one. Ortiz is 43 now and that's pushing it for any weight as a fighter.

Ruiz has a solid chin, can punch with a good bit of pop and for a big guy is pretty damn good on his feet.

Do I care who wins------NO, not in the least.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I agree but now that I’m thinking about it, is there any possible heavyweight matchup not involving Fury, Wilder or Usyk ppv caliber?

Absolutely none that I'd be interested in viewing to be honest. AJ had my attention, especially when he KO'd Klitschko after having to come off the deck in the fight to get the stoppage. Then he loses 2 in a row decisively to a light heavyweight who jumped up to fight the big boys.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Congrats to Andy Ruiz jr. Hopefully he will keep grinding at carry this momentum forward .

And huge respect to Ortiz to be competing at this level in his 40’s is a massive accomplishment in itself. Shame he got his start In the professional ranks too late.

At age 43, and they are not really sure about that age from what I remember, he should consider hanging up the gloves.

I can't see any title fights in his future with this loss to Ruiz and can only see him becoming a "gatekeeper" for younger fighters to cut their teeth on like so many other fighters have done over the years by hanging around too long.

Hopefully, he made enough money to make his life comfortable, but watching him do his entrance last night with the wife and young kids by his side, it's going to take a lot of money to keep them comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts