Boxing Forums banner

3rd time lucky?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
GGG is 40 and while he beat Murata, he took way too much punishment and if Canelo makes even half of the contact that Murata did, this will be over early.
Exactly my take on this upcoming fight. Murata got to GGG's body often in that fight and body punching with power is one of Canelo's strong suits. "Take away the body and the head will fall" is an old adage in boxing,.and I can see it playing out here with Canelo stopping GGG after 8.

I don't put a lot of doubt about Canelo after his recent loss to Bivol. He has been pushing the limit in opponents for a few years now by going up in size. He just went one size too far for his stature. Bivol was huge when compared to Canelo when standing next to each other.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going Canelo on points again and then hopefully we won't have to see this a fourth time though I will admit the first two fights were competitive enough to warrant this trilogy. Canelo's WBC mandatory must be due after this fight so I hope that follows this one.

For me this is a bit like the Fury vs Wilder trilogy where I saw one guy win the first two fights convincingly yet had to watch it again, that 3rd fight turned out to be the best one so I'm hoping for something similar here.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
I have GGG points maybe even closer but 7-5 type fight but I don't think Canelo stops him, Canelo hasn't showed hes improved from the second fight and now he just throws the right hand over and over again

Yes he might land a good body shot on GGG and hurt him but I dont think he finishes him, Murata empited the whole tank in the first 6 rounds so if Canelo tries to start too fast he will gas out aswell, I'm getting a Pac vs Marquez IV vibe these guys are just well matched but with GGG always abit better

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have GGG points maybe even closer but 7-5 type fight but I don't think Canelo stops him, Canelo hasn't showed hes improved from the second fight and now he just throws the right hand over and over again

Yes he might land a good body shot on GGG and hurt him but I dont think he finishes him, Murata empited the whole tank in the first 6 rounds so if Canelo tries to start too fast he will gas out aswell, I'm getting a Pac vs Marquez IV vibe these guys are just well matched but with GGG always abit better
If it is a 7-5 type fight I can't see GGG getting the win.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Yeah GGG isnt getting the win on points unless he stops Canelo or drops him a few times

GGG won't win this one period. No way in hell Canelo is going to lose 2 in a row, especially to a 40 yr. old who showed he is much easier to hit to the body like he did in his last fight with Murata.

I've already got one 6 month "Ban Bet" on another site against a true GGG nuthugger that Canelo will win. Care to take me up on it on this site????

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
GGG won't win this one period. No way in hell Canelo is going to lose 2 in a row, especially to a 40 yr. old who showed he is much easier to hit to the body like he did in his last fight with Murata.

I've already got one 6 month "Ban Bet" on another site against a true GGG nuthugger that Canelo will win. Care to take me up on it on this site????
Its just a prediction calm down I love the sport don't care about ban bets and make the best man win

I just think GGG has declined abit but Canelo hasn't improved so its a closer matchup (Murata isnt that bad offensively and he threw the kitchen sink Canelo doesnt fight like that)

If I see the odds are good I will put money on GGG to get dropped to see if I can win money but overall I win anyway as I will enjoy the fight

P.s If you are a picking Spence to beat Crawford id do a ban bet on that

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Its just a prediction calm down I love the sport don't care about ban bets and make the best man win

I just think GGG has declined abit but Canelo hasn't improved so its a closer matchup (Murata isnt that bad offensively and he threw the kitchen sink Canelo doesnt fight like that)

If I see the odds are good I will put money on GGG to get dropped to see if I can win money but overall I win anyway as I will enjoy the fight

P.s If you are a picking Spence to beat Crawford id do a ban bet on that
Nope, like Crawford in that one if they make the fight.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts

There's like 8 people on this site, why would you make a ban bet...dumbass

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
There's like 8 people on this site, why would you make a ban bet...dumbass
It's called "testing people's convictions" if they are willing to put something on the line in the form of a bet.

Not my fault there's only so many members still participating in this site. OH, and calling a participant "dumbass" is not a particularly good way to make them feel welcome, or even needed, either. So, cool your jets since it didn't concern you in the first place.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
It's called "testing people's convictions" if they are willing to put something on the line in the form of a bet.

Not my fault there's only so many members still participating in this site. OH, and calling a participant "dumbass" is not a particularly good way to make them feel welcome, or even needed, either. So, cool your jets since it didn't concern you in the first place.
Shut up bitch

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Are you always this pleasant or did you wake up on the rag the last couple days?

Do you think posts like your last couple really make people want to hang around and be part of this group.
I was just kidding man. I was bored. Now stop trying to lessen the members on here. Bet nudes or something

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I was just kidding man. I was bored. Now stop trying to lessen the members on here. Bet nudes or something
Right after you wanted to know if I'd be up for a ban bet between Crawford vs. Spense. Can't have it both ways pal.

You're either for, or against ban bets--------but you can't come out being adamant about not wanting to see ban bets due to limited membership, then try to initiate one of your own......................Kind of hypocritical isn't it????

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Right after you wanted to know if I'd be up for a ban bet between Crawford vs. Spense. Can't have it both ways pal.

You're either for, or against ban bets--------but you can't come out being adamant about not wanting to see ban bets due to limited membership, then try to initiate one of your own......................Kind of hypocritical isn't it????
Pretty sure you have me confused with someone else there bud

1 - 20 of 25 Posts