Boxing Forums banner

3rd time lucky?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
The skeptics called DAZN out at the very beginning and have been proven correct over time.
Absolutely. Trouble is, I was one of the sceptics, and only subscribed recently, for Canelo-Bivol, as I figured they had been around long enough to last as a channel! This second Canelo fight might be my second and last watch with them.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If you are not a current DAZN subscriber you will have to pay $US85 to watch Canelo-GGG.

Eddie Hearn is trying to validate the price by claiming this is the 'biggest fight in boxing' and that 'they are ready to give us one of the greatest fights of our generation.'

I hope you are right Eddie but I don't think you will be and I won't be paying $85 to find out.

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
If you are not a current DAZN subscriber you will have to pay $US85 to watch Canelo-GGG.

Eddie Hearn is trying to validate the price by claiming this is the 'biggest fight in boxing' and that 'they are ready to give us one of the greatest fights of our generation.'

I hope you are right Eddie but I don't think you will be and I won't be paying $85 to find out.

Still showing $64.99 when I log on to DAZN while my subscription lasts. It is due for renewal on the 19th and I told them to cancel mine at that time.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I've been looking at previous CHB poll results for this contest and although this one has still got a few more hours to run, it's safe to say that it will close with an overwhelming vote in favour of a Canelo win. The two major differences between then and now is of course their ages and the weight class. Down at 160lb the votes went for Golovkin both times.

Canelo vs GGG I: 52% GGG win vs 48% Canelo win (I combined the results of two different polls for this one)
Canelo vs GGG II: 53% GGG win vs 47% Canelo win

On fight night the bookmakers have Alvarez as the significant favourite offering just 1/5 on the Mexican to retain his undisputed crown, if you fancy Golovkin they'll give you 4/1 or the draw at 20/1. In each of their previous fights we've had a draw on one scorecard so 20/1 isn't a ridiculous bet.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've been looking at previous CHB poll results for this contest and although this one has still got a few more hours to run, it's safe to say that it will close with an overwhelming vote in favour of a Canelo win. The two major differences between then and now is of course their ages and the weight class. Down at 160lb the votes went for Golovkin both times.

Canelo vs GGG I: 52% GGG win vs 48% Canelo win (I combined the results of two different polls for this one)

On fight night the bookmakers have Alvarez as the significant favourite offering just 1/5 on the Mexican to retain his undisputed crown, if you fancy Golovkin they'll give you 4/1 or the draw at 20/1. In each of their previous fights we've had a draw on one scorecard so 20/1 isn't a ridiculous bet.
GGG is 40, he might be really good for 40 but he is still 40 so that given how much punishment he took from Murata it's not a surprise people don't have the confidence in him anymore. I think the division makes alot less difference, I think this fight at 168, 3 or 4 years ago is probably still a marginal maybe 60/40 on the votes for Canelo but it's the age that makes it 80/20.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

Those odds are fairly reflective of where they are now, factoring in age, weight and that GGG's chances of getting the win, other than by KO, are pretty remote.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
What a boring fight. It looked like a charity sparring match.
I'm still waiting for the fight to start.
Golovkin wasn't even trying to win, and Canelo just played it safe for 12 rounds.

Both men owe the fans a public apology. Actually, they should both personally repay everyone that bought PPV.

Remember the days when fighters left it all in the ring?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts