Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's actually a fair point, Loma and Stevenson's records are a great deal better than Haney's. But personally I couldn't favour these smaller guys, I think Haney starts as favourite but I take your point.
The only fight that really struck me as Loma struggling with the size was Luke Campbell. I honestly believe Loma would beat Lopez in a rematch

Stevenson could possibly bulk up, his skills are better than Haney's imo

·
CHB NYC Delegate; Bob's weaver
21,001 Posts
We already know who's number 1 at the class and there isn't any question about it either
Imagine requesting a tournament "to see who's the best" when one guy is undisputed. What incentive would Haney have to enter such an arrangement?

·
21,001 Posts

·
21,001 Posts
That's right, we already know who's the best so maybe a tournament to see who's second best and then they get a shot at the champ? I'd pay to see those fights
I honestly don't care to see a tournament at this stage of these guys' careers. I don't mind seeing them build their names, bank accounts, and records up, so long as we are GUARANTEED a payoff for the time we invest in watching them. At some point, they have to get in there and fight each other. That's what's missing right now. I'll enjoy the hell out of watching Tank decapitate someone like LSC, so long as it leads to something else in the near immediate future. It doesn't have to be right now, but nowadays we don't even get that assurance.

Everyone thinks they're Floyd, but they are just pissing away prime years and fighting for the same deals they would have gotten years ago. It's disgusting what's happening with Spence and Crawford right now, for instance.

I was a huge Floyd Stan, but he's sorta ruined the game for everyone that followed after him. PPV boxing needs to go away for a while.

·
21,001 Posts

·
21,001 Posts
Again, he beat the weakest champ between all of them. A tournament would be perfect.
Perfect for whom? It doesn't matter if you think the other guys are better; he has the belts. All of them. What would be the incentive for entering in such an arrangment?

If anything, it would make more sense to take the winner of such a tournament and try to build up a PPV fight against Haney.

I'm sorta 'meh' on the whole idea, though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts