Boxing Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Perfect for whom? It doesn't matter if you think the other guys are better; he has the belts. All of them. What would be the incentive for entering in such an arrangment?

If anything, it would make more sense to take the winner of such a tournament and try to build up a PPV fight against Haney.

I'm sorta 'meh' on the whole idea, though.
You're speaking as if these belts belong to Haney. The belts belong to the best in the division, none of these guys have fought eachother.

·
CHB NYC Delegate; Bob's weaver
21,001 Posts
You're speaking as if these belts belong to Haney. The belts belong to the best in the division, none of these guys have fought eachother.
LOL

Assuredly, the belts belong to Haney. Your feelings or opinions are irrelevant. Of course he now has to defend what's his, but he doesn't need a damn tournament to do it. Just make the fights that people want to see.

That is all.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
LOL

Assuredly, the belts belong to Haney. Your feelings or opinions are irrelevant. Of course he now has to defend what's his, but he doesn't need a damn tournament to do it. Just make the fights that people want to see.

That is all.
And the people want to see all of them fight, not sure if you're a secretly lover or a kin of his but there is no reason for all of them not to fight.

·
21,001 Posts
And the people want to see all of them fight, not sure if you're a secretly lover or a kin of his but there is no reason for all of them not to fight.
Haney's only 23 and just won the undisputed world title. He's being brought along just fine. LOL. How about giving him a chance first? He's not responsible for the state of boxing.

Tank has been in position to make big fights for years and hasn't delivered.

Shakur just moved up and isn't exactly box office, anyway.

If Haney fights Loma next, will you STFU already?

Muscle Smile Entertainment Flash photography Tie

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haney's only 23 and just won the undisputed world title. He's being brought along just fine. LOL. How about giving him a chance first? He's not responsible for the state of boxing.

Tank has been in position to make big fights for years and hasn't delivered.

Shakur just moved up and isn't exactly box office, anyway.

If Haney fights Loma next, will you STFU already?

View attachment 22507
He won the belt from the weakest championship in the division, not sure why you'd be against all of them fighting. Loma has been on the decline, I'm more interested in Shakur taking on Haney, Tank, and Garcia

·
21,001 Posts
He won the belt from the weakest championship in the division, not sure why you'd be against all of them fighting. Loma has been on the decline, I'm more interested in Shakur taking on Haney, Tank, and Garcia
... Aaaahh... this is all about Shakur. I get it now....

You okay with him having like one fight at lightweight first, though? Maybe he can fight Tank without needing a tournament to force him into it? Would be great.

I'm ecstatic that he's decided to stop being a weight bully and take on guys his own size.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
... Aaaahh... this is all about Shakur. I get it now....

You okay with him having like one fight at lightweight first, though? Maybe he can fight Tank without needing a tournament to force him into it? Would be great.

I'm ecstatic that he's decided to stop being a weight bully and take on guys his own size.
Of course, as long as they all fight each other. The division is packed, there's no reason for them all not to fight

·
21,001 Posts
Of course, as long as they all fight each other. The division is packed, there's no reason for them all not to fight
Tank Davis: age 27
Shakur Stevenson: age 25

Dev Haney doesn't need a tournament because two other guys refused to fight each other. It's pathetic for a guy who just lost the ability to drain himself down to suddenly move up and request a tournament when there is already a unified champ.

Just make a fight and try to keep us awake already; that's all that's needed from Shakur right now. He can make an immediate splash... if he truly wants to.

Of the three, Haney seems the most genuine about daring to be great. He wants the fights (I think)... but now they're on his terms.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts