Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all got our favourite fights, rounds etc. but what are some of your favourite short momonts in fights?

Usually I'm not really all that big on showboating but when Hearns did it against Leonard in their first fight it was beautiful. It was giving the man a taste of his own medicine. Little did he know he was gonna get a taste of his own medicine later in the fight (getting knocked out) but that moment was still great.

1 minute into this vid:

Post some of your favourite moments.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
Their are uppercuts I really like. McGowan's against Rudkin in (I think the 13th round of) their second fight. And Saad's against Mwale.

I absolutely adore this from Samart Payakaroon against the ever dangerous Juan Meza as well, Hollywood stuff.

1:04 to 1:14 :yep INCREDIBLE!

· Registered
20,274 Posts
@Pedderrs :lol: I'd like to think that isn't the case!

Actually, case in point; you made an amazing gif of Yuh punching some Colombian/Panamanian looking guys face in I think. I caught a glimpse of it on an old thread, what fight is that?

· 2012-2020
23,800 Posts
@Pedderrs :lol: I'd like to think that isn't the case!

Actually, case in point; you made an amazing gif of Yuh punching some Colombian/Panamanian looking guys face in I think. I caught a glimpse of it on an old thread, what fight is that?
The guy he was pounding was a Panamanian fighter called Benedicto Murillo. He was not a very impressive fighter at all, very unorthodox.

Yuh dominated him up until the 15th round when he eventually stopped him with a series of hooks. Great ending. Referee may have stopped it earlier.

20 seconds in.

· God's Country
6,297 Posts
I may be wrong about the exact place but as I remember it Angie Dundee going mental on the ringside doctor while in Pinklon Thomas' corner, during the Tyson fight, as he was trying to fuss with Thomas and Dundee was trying to advise him. "Will you LEAVE THIS FUCKING GUY ALONE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! LEAVE THIS FUCKING GUY ALONE!" :lol:

Also, Chavez's flying superman punch trying to finish Roger Mayweather in their first, Morales mocking Danny Garcia's weird, half a punch attempt from nowhere near the target, and that amused, "so sad" look on his face when he imitated it. I wish I hadn't lost my bookmarks, once upon a time, but I have a GIF of another favourite of mine where Floyd Patterson had been giving a ruthless beating to Brian London, round after round, London not winning a second, then, finally, at the tail end of a round, they were up close and started to push each other, body to body, not a blatant Foremanesque shove from either, just pushing against each other, and London was able to move Patterson back, after being punched around the whole round, and then the bell goes off and London fucking holds his glove up, like "Take that! I won that!" :lol: It was a brilliant event win/moral victory moment.

· 2012-2020
23,800 Posts
I may be wrong about the exact place but as I remember it Angie Dundee going mental on the ringside doctor while in Pinklon Thomas' corner, during the Tyson fight, as he was trying to fuss with Thomas and Dundee was trying to advise him. "Will you LEAVE THIS FUCKING GUY ALONE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! LEAVE THIS FUCKING GUY ALONE!" :lol:

Also, Chavez's flying superman punch trying to finish Roger Mayweather in their first, Morales mocking Danny Garcia's weird, half a punch attempt from nowhere near the target, and that amused, "so sad" look on his face when he imitated it. I wish I hadn't lost my bookmarks, once upon a time, but I have a GIF of another favourite of mine where Floyd Patterson had been giving a ruthless beating to Brian London, round after round, London not winning a second, then, finally, at the tail end of a round, they were up close and started to push each other, body to body, not a blatant Foremanesque shove, and London was able to move Patterson back, after being punched around the whole round, and then the bell goes off and London fucking holds his glove up, like "Take that! I won that!" :lol: It was a brilliant event win/moral victory moment.
Da Ox! :stonk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.