Boxing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few guys I think it would be cool to hit up. I might try Ola Afolabi later as he's pretty active on Facebook and if anyone needs the publicity it's Ola!

Also thinking about trying Eddie Chambers and Sam Eggington.
@bruiserh89 @One to watch are there any guys you're thinking about? I could give you access to the CHB Facebook/twitter if that would help when contacting people.

· Registered
3,747 Posts
I have a few guys I think it would be cool to hit up. I might try Ola Afolabi later as he's pretty active on Facebook and if anyone needs the publicity it's Ola!

Also thinking about trying Eddie Chambers and Sam Eggington.

@bruiserh89 @One to watch are there any guys you're thinking about? I could give you access to the CHB Facebook/twitter if that would help when contacting people.
Yeah Eddie is a media whore and likely to go for it. A bit charismatic too which would make for a good session.

One I want to get is a guy called Daniel Roy Maxwell. check his record http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=591322&cat=boxer Guys like this who take the fights at no notice, keep cards together and are meant to lose would be great to talk to. A Q&A with one of Australasia's great journeyman. And he's a NZ title holder too from his three wins!

I'll keep it in mind about the twitter and facebook accounts but I'm finding I'm pretty well connected now through journo's and boxing managers etc here in Aus.

As it was, I hadn't heard from Geale and was getting worried so I hit up a journo who knows him and he gave me his mobile number so there I am texting Geale a reminder!

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Eddie is a media whore and likely to go for it. A bit charismatic too which would make for a good session.

One I want to get is a guy called Daniel Roy Maxwell. check his record http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=591322&cat=boxer Guys like this who take the fights at no notice, keep cards together and are meant to lose would be great to talk to. A Q&A with one of Australasia's great journeyman. And he's a NZ title holder too from his three wins!

I'll keep it in mind about the twitter and facebook accounts but I'm finding I'm pretty well connected now through journo's and boxing managers etc here in Aus.

As it was, I hadn't heard from Geale and was getting worried so I hit up a journo who knows him and he gave me his mobile number so there I am texting Geale a reminder!
:lol: That's a cool number to have in your contacts.

· CHB WORLD CHAMPION 2018
60,465 Posts
I'll have a look around this week and come up with suggestions.

Any update on etches or gary hyde.

I think @Lunny we should sticky the 'q and a's' on the Brit forum,make it so it's just the article itself (if possible) with an index.and include the aussies as well.

If that's possible of course.

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have a look around this week and come up with suggestions.

Any update on etches or gary hyde.

I think @Lunny we should sticky the 'q and a's' on the Brit forum,make it so it's just the article itself (if possible) with an index.and include the aussies as well.

If that's possible of course.
Yeah that's a good shout, I'll crack on with that soon. You mean just a dedicated thread to serve as a sort of record for Q & A's we've done?

Wickio said he'll get the Etches video back to me tonight so tomorrow afternoon I'll article it up and shit. Should look real good as Wickio is class at this stuff.

Chacal is sorting the Hyde one. Hyde is keen and Chacal's got his mobile number and all that jazz so is going to send him a selection of the questions he gathered as well as some of his own I think.

60,465 Posts
Yeah that's a good shout, I'll crack on with that soon. You mean just a dedicated thread to serve as a sort of record for Q & A's we've done?

Wickio said he'll get the Etches video back to me tonight so tomorrow afternoon I'll article it up and shit. Should look real good as Wickio is class at this stuff.

Chacal is sorting the Hyde one. Hyde is keen and Chacal's got his mobile number and all that jazz so is going to send him a selection of the questions he gathered as well as some of his own I think.
Grand.

Yeah I think a stickied thread that visitors could browse would be good for the forum.

Everytime you do a new one you can do a new thread so people are aware of it.once it's been up a while you could convert it to the sticky.

60,465 Posts
Just a few off the top of my head that could be willing and be interesting

Tyson fury (this would be epic.what with his inability to curb his tongue)
Eddie chambers (as mentioned previously)
Enzo maccarinelli (nice guy,likes Twitter,interesting career)
Carl frampton (i don't know how likely it is or how interesting as a q and a.but he would be a coup)

Kugan Cassius (why not? Shameless self promoter who would have good stories)
Curtis woodhouse (opinionated and likes the forums)
Billy nelson (as above)
Gavin rees (seems controverisail and busy on Twitter)
Any of the Boxnation crew (bunce,Lillis or jones for insight into the station and their job plus their careers)
Any of the sky crew (as above)
Dereck Chisora (cool guy,lots to ask him im sure)
Dillian whyte (wants to get his name out there as much as he can)
Joe calzaghe or ricky hatton (simply for the name alone)

Johnny greaves (interesting guy,does forums)
Steve goodwin (good promoter,does forums)
Prince Patel (pretty obvious why)
frank buglioni (nice guy who is pushed promotionally)
Mick Hennessay (fat mick is a bullshitter but always has a few good lines)
Any current busy journeyman (for the insight if no greaves.mitchell,razak,leight etc or even ryan Clark)
Jamie moore (on Twitter,so much to ask him)
Lee purdy (just retired)
Gary sykes (nice lad who is popular on here)
Ricky burns (very approachable and Twitter user)
Stuey hall (busy on Twitter)

Obviously we can go international as well.id like to see some retired fighters as they may give us some gossip.or trainers or people in the media as they may give us more than a typical fighters back and forth.i don't know whether all of the above are heavy social media users but you will know better,I know several are.if you were to get a hearn or warren there would be a meltdown in the Brit forum.

@Lunny I'll keep thinking,and be realistic with the next group,so we have a good mix.great work getting ola mate.

See I think this could be a regular thing.you will get some moans because people wish they had done it or because they are just bellends but the whole forum can't be taken up with promoter wars and fantasy cards.i like to see the forum with a good mixture of topics and some regular threads like the prediction league,choi,the rankings,rooq promoter and so on.this could join those in my opinion.

· Registered
21,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great stuff @One to watch. I sent a message out to Chambers yesterday as well but he's not got back to me yet. He usually replies on facebook though, or at least he used to.

I think the Ola thing is gonna be sorted but all I've had from Ola so far is 3 words "Sure. Send them" which is a bit odd. Hope he means it! I'll just hound him until he answers them imo.

PS @Wickio where's my video? I will break your kneecaps.

60,465 Posts
I think the etches video is great.

I'm not sure of it's realistic,but if we could maintain that format for any q and a then it would be on another level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.