Boxing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Boxing Council (WBC) President Mauricio Sulaiman says the organisation plans to introduce a new transgender category during 2023.

Sulaiman said the new category would adopt the "at birth" rule, so that a transgender fighter assigned as male at birth, would only compete against a fellow transgender fighter who was also assigned as male at birth.

· The World's Great Lover
34,385 Posts
This makes no sense.
But knowing the WBC and the Sulaimans they probably think they are showing how progressive they are and creating what 20+ more opportunities for sanction fees with a transman and transwomen and the respective weight classes.

Reactions: 46 Wins

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This makes no sense.
But knowing the WBC and the Sulaimans they probably think they are showing how progressive they are and creating what 20+ more opportunities for sanction fees with a transman and transwomen and the respective weight classes.
Some will likely see it as some kind of freak show and history tells us there has always been a public curiosity for such things.

34,385 Posts
Some will likely see it as some kind of freak show and history tells us there has always been a public curiosity for such things.
There is no matket for that shit except for the deranged few in the world that think that shit is real.

Reactions: gumbo2176

· Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Sulaiman said the new category would adopt the "at birth" rule, so that a transgender fighter assigned as male at birth, would only compete against a fellow transgender fighter who was also assigned as male at birth.
So basically there's no change except that in order to fight in this "category" you need to declare that you identify as the opposite sex

We might therefore see a male fighter wearing a sports bra in the ring. If he's a heavyweight I don't see why he couldn't fight say Jared Anderson in time, Anderson will fight topless and the other guy in a bra if he wants but there's no good reason why they couldn't and shouldn't fight each other. That's the only way I'd watch to be honest.

The WBC have done some good for the sport but this and Bridgerweight is nonsense.

· Registered
2,257 Posts
This makes no sense.
This is actually a great idea. What, you rather have a transgender female fighting a biological female?

34,385 Posts
This is actually a great idea. What, you rather have a transgender female fighting a biological female?
We already have same sex fighting, this makes no sense.

Men fight men and women fight women.

· Registered
4,650 Posts
WBC is being forward thinking here considering they are now teaching kids in Kindergarten that gender is fluid. And you can choose your gender in a generations time Transgenders will be in every household.

I wonder if WBC is planning to have separate categories for Trans-Species and Trans-Abled. Trans species are people who want to live as different animals cats , dog, snakes, tigers etc. And Trans-Abled are those who feel repulsed part of their bodies and limbs and amputate themselves.

Of-course these things historically would have been treated as mental illnesses but now they are being proposed to be propagated in the School Curriculums.

Reactions: Philly Shell

· Registered
12,768 Posts

That is actually the only good thing to come out of this. Have these freaks of nature fight each other, same sex vs. same sex------bring what you were born with..

Not much gets my goat more than fucked up males identifying as females and ruining sporting events for natural females. There's so many natural born females that compete in sport, work hard to accomplish their highest degree of competitiveness and then so loony-tunes guy who can't cut it against his own sex comes along and says "I'm now identifying as a female" and dominates the sport. If I was a female and that happened to me, I'd be pissed beyond belief.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts