Boxing Forums banner
11581 - 11592 of 11592 Posts

·
Sugalowda!
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,584 ·
So is it repeat and Medvedev retains the title, being just one step behind Djokovic in points or Zverev avenges the loss and starts his own no1 bid? With Novak only leaving the US Open, the Olympics and the ATP WTF of the major titles to pick up, it is only fitting Daniil and Sacha go for the last marble.

Now I think if Zverev serves like yesterday he can win by simply being the more consistent on his games. However, Medvedev is a bit inside his head, so that is a factor.

·
Sugalowda!
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,585 ·
Sacha beats Daniil 6/4 6/4, and if he plays this level of tennis and the court is fast enough, let your name be GOATovic or Medvedev, arguably the two best tennis players competing today, you beat'em and join their level.

It's all about confidence. Like Tsitsipas, Zverev has the big game and better serve than the two above, but for years he's had major problems with consistency and grinding out key points at important tournaments. Not in 2021: beat Rafa & Thiem et route for the Madrid title, Djokovic en route to Olympic gold, Tsitsipas & Rublev for the Cincy trophy and Novak & Daniil for the ATP WTF. He adds a grand slam to that next year and don't care what anyone says, he's a legit no1 contender.

Bill will 2022 mark the end of the Big Four, or does Nole, Rafa, Roga and Muzzah have anything to say about that?

·
Sugalowda!
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,586 ·
But to be honest the Big Four era is mostly done for anyway, check out 2021 final rankings come Monday:

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Djokovic soon hitting 35, Rafa soon 36, and the average age of the next 10 players is 23,4 yo. That's over a decade of freshness, so Nole's Aussie & Wimbledon and Rafa's Roland Garros won't get any easier to win now. As a matter of fact, this is the youngest top 10 well over a decade, and with all 20-somethings at the WTA (with teenage GS winners coming up), I think our future is bright with or without legend worshippers.

Attachments

·
Sugalowda!
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,588 ·
Djokovic probably won't play the Aussie due to vaccine mandate.

He's a magnificent ambassador for the sport who's been the voice of players for many seasons now, taking the heat as a champ and leader should, and taking a vaccine under current laws is entirely optional and by choice, and he's exercising his to not get it and not leave for Australia to go for the Fedal braking 21. And he's also DEAD WRONG about it.

A good supporter calls out BS when he/she sees one. Not only taking a double Moderna or a Pfizer mix gives great protection, he most likely avoids catching Covid-19 early in the protection and it adds to herd immunity against current variants. Severe vaccine side-effect are exceptionally rare, and even if he might have suffered like anaphylaxic shock or some sort of allergic reaction, it might still be worth it from a health and family protection standpoint. And he does get regular blood check and PED samples by needle so it can't be trypanophobia.

Take the fucking vaccine, mate. No, really.

On the other hand, welcome Omicron variant to the table, potentially making all current Covid measures, bubbles and vaccines futile, which will most likely TKO the Aussie anyway.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Djokovic probably won't play the Aussie due to vaccine mandate.

He's a magnificent ambassador for the sport who's been the voice of players for many seasons now, taking the heat as a champ and leader should, and taking a vaccine under current laws is entirely optional and by choice, and he's exercising his to not get it and not leave for Australia to go for the Fedal braking 21. And he's also DEAD WRONG about it.

A good supporter calls out BS when he/she sees one. Not only taking a double Moderna or a Pfizer mix gives great protection, he most likely avoids catching Covid-19 early in the protection and it adds to herd immunity against current variants. Severe vaccine side-effect are exceptionally rare, and even if he might have suffered like anaphylaxic shock or some sort of allergic reaction, it might still be worth it from a health and family protection standpoint. And he does get regular blood check and PED samples by needle so it can't be trypanophobia.

Take the fucking vaccine, mate. No, really.

On the other hand, welcome Omicron variant to the table, potentially making all current Covid measures, bubbles and vaccines futile, which will most likely TKO the Aussie anyway.
if Djokovic continues to have natural immunity following infection at the Adria, why should he have to get jabbed now?

• Haha
Reactions: steviebruno

·
Sugalowda!
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,590 ·
if Djokovic continues to have natural immunity following infection at the Adria, why should he have to get jabbed now?
Djokovic was infected 17 months ago by the original variant, it's extremely unlikely that he has natural immunity for the very different and much more aggressive Delta. And to find it out, he'd have to... stick a needle in his arm, and a thicker one than the actual vaccine, so why not fucking take that instead?

I do support fresh vaccine mandates no older than 6 months as effects drastically drop off, or a combination of infection & vaccination not more than 6 months old. I got my 3rd shot, and that Moderna MF gave me a fucking hangover. But I'm still here, so pretty sure Nole can take that day off too.

But at this point and safety record, if mRNA defends against Omicron, I'm all in for making vaccines mandatory, then there's no questions left. I do have my 20% of acquaintances refusing to take it to this day, and I'm more feared for their health than they are. Odd.

11581 - 11592 of 11592 Posts