Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kambosos Jr on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Good! Time to just get the fight done.

Australia is simply not viable for it now... There is nowhere in Aus they'll get a sell out arena here by mid October... Forget about a sold out footy stadium as has been talked about. I actually have my doubts that Lopez VS Kambosos could sell out a football stadium at the best of times, let alone corona times.

I do hope George pulls off an upset and gets a spectacular conclusive win.. but he's well and truely in the passenger seat at the moment. With the purses set, It's bananas to expect to come to him and then sit in a random hotel with potentially not even an opening window for 2 weeks during the prep for his fight. Or to have to travel here early enough that the 2 weeks could be offset by continuing his camp down under.

Just do it in Vegas like it should have been done months ago.

·
Registered
24,308 Posts
I think teofimo thinks he’s a bigger star than he really is...

He’s undercard material IMO if it was a ppv.

Not ready to shell out money for this guy. He’s only a star because Loma took a lot of rounds off.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's going down finally in New York, USA on Monday (yes Monday) 4th October.

8 days to go until fight night, I cannot find any info on the undercard at all, obviously Holyfield won't be on it anymore that we do know at least

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
It's going down finally in New York, USA on Monday (yes Monday) 4th October.

8 days to go until fight night, I cannot find any info on the undercard at all, obviously Holyfield won't be on it anymore that we do know at least
Don't hold your breath just yet. Triller could still pull out some nonsense.

They are trying to get it switched to Saturday 16th and to move it from the Hulu Theatre at MSG to the Barclays Centre.

Lopez has signed off on it.. Just comes down to if Kambosos also agrees.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Don't hold your breath just yet. Triller could still pull out some nonsense.

They are trying to get it switched to Saturday 16th and to move it from the Hulu Theatre at MSG to the Barclays Centre.

Lopez has signed off on it.. Just comes down to if Kambosos also agrees.

You gotta be kidding me :lol: you couldn't make this up, that will be the 5th date change, I waited too before posting this, I heard about it being the 4th a week ago almost but held off in case there was more nonsense, obviously didn't hold off long enough, what a mess

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
You gotta be kidding me :lol: you couldn't make this up, that will be the 5th date change, I waited too before posting this, I heard about it being the 4th a week ago almost but held off in case there was more nonsense, obviously didn't hold off long enough, what a mess
Triller really aren't setting a high standard for their promotions are they.

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you had tickets to go live

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
What an absolute shit show this has turned out to be!!

Though I must admit, while I completely understand the frustration and being pissed about the constant flip flopping, It seems strange that GK wouldn't sign off on the, once again, rescheduled date.

Both TL and GK could have Triller by the balls to demand more money. Which they have done according to the article I linked. Also, if the IBF kick the Triller bid out, both lads stand to lose a lot of money as it's like Matchroom would take over with their significantly lower bid.

Absolute shocking effort all around. Definitely can't see many of boxings stars lining up to give Triller an opportunity to establish themselves in the future.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What an absolute shit show this has turned out to be!!

Though I must admit, while I completely understand the frustration and being pissed about the constant flip flopping, It seems strange that GK wouldn't sign off on the, once again, rescheduled date.

Both TL and GK could have Triller by the balls to demand more money. Which they have done according to the article I linked. Also, if the IBF kick the Triller bid out, both lads stand to lose a lot of money as it's like Matchroom would take over with their significantly lower bid.

Absolute shocking effort all around. Definitely can't see many of boxings stars lining up to give Triller an opportunity to establish themselves in the future.
Right, well without even going back over all the nonsense that happened earlier, the article you posted the other day (#24) says Triller want to move it to the 16th to avoid clashing with the NFL, but the NFL schedule didn't spring up overnight anyone who bothered to check would have seen that there's games on the 4th and wouldn't have scheduled their PPV event for the same date in the first place.

I watched a Lopez interview yesterday, he says Kambosos Jr was talking about his mum, he's not happy at all says he's gonna knock his head off, I do wanna see the fight, fingers crossed we get it this year.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The Triller Co-Founder has been having a bit more than a moan at the Australian, the gloves have come off and he's outright attacking him in the media, these are his words following the mandatory challenger's complaint to the IBF requesting that he be removed from his obligation to work with Triller in his next fight

"This is nothing more than Kambosos attempting to extort Triller," Triller co-founder Ryan Kavanaugh told ESPN. He said Kambosos demanded $380,000 to sign the amendment to move the bout. "This is a sad day for boxing. We are paying him nearly 10 times his next highest payday, almost $2.5 million dollars. We have secured Barclays, made our deposits, signed with Lopez, and Kambosos is making financial and other demands after confirming this date is in fact better than the 4th."

"We have signed and paid an advance to Lopez and put the very same offer forward to Kambosos," Kavanaugh added. "This is a pure and simple shakedown and speaks a lot to his character. If we give into this, imagine what every future event would hold for Triller when it's a fighter who actually matters."

The words spoken here clearly tell you all you need to know about the Triller setup. No tact or business sense at all, weighing in on the fighter and implying that he's a nobody when you are the ones that have been messing him around is an utter joke.

More here https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...-default-obligation-title-fight-teofimo-lopez

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
The Triller Co-Founder has been having a bit more than a moan at the Australian, the gloves have come off and he's outright attacking him in the media, these are his words following the mandatory challenger's complaint to the IBF requesting that he be removed from his obligation to work with Triller in his next fight

"This is nothing more than Kambosos attempting to extort Triller," Triller co-founder Ryan Kavanaugh told ESPN. He said Kambosos demanded $380,000 to sign the amendment to move the bout. "This is a sad day for boxing. We are paying him nearly 10 times his next highest payday, almost $2.5 million dollars. We have secured Barclays, made our deposits, signed with Lopez, and Kambosos is making financial and other demands after confirming this date is in fact better than the 4th."

"We have signed and paid an advance to Lopez and put the very same offer forward to Kambosos," Kavanaugh added. "This is a pure and simple shakedown and speaks a lot to his character. If we give into this, imagine what every future event would hold for Triller when it's a fighter who actually matters."

The words spoken here clearly tell you all you need to know about the Triller setup. No tact or business sense at all, weighing in on the fighter and implying that he's a nobody when you are the ones that have been messing him around is an utter joke.

More here https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...-default-obligation-title-fight-teofimo-lopez
What a bunch of nonsense!
Sure Triller seems to have the cash for big purses but they are shocking at business.

the dumb cunts signed a contract with Lopez and the Barclays before even confirming Kambosos was ok with it. Fuck them.

If they had their shit together from the start this wouldn't have been a problem

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,388 Posts
The whole thing seems a complete shitshow. It makes you appreciate how even mediocre promoters like Warren etc can at least put a show on. Money is no substitute for actual experience.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
November 27th is the sixth date given for this fight now, that comes after Triller were forced to forefit their right to promote the fight to the second-highest bidder Matchroom Sports who will look to put the fight on DAZN.

Now that Matchroom have it I'm confident it'll go ahead this year at last but I don't think Nov. 27 has been officially announced yet so watch this space. Hopefully we'll get a final press conference, we've already been warned by Matchroom not to expect a good undercard given the short notice.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,388 Posts
November 27th is the sixth date given for this fight now, that comes after Triller were forced to forefit their right to promote the fight to the second-highest bidder Matchroom Sports who will look to put the fight on DAZN.

Now that Matchroom have it I'm confident it'll go ahead this year at last but I don't think Nov. 27 has been officially announced yet so watch this space. Hopefully we'll get a final press conference, we've already been warned by Matchroom not to expect a good undercard given the short notice.
At this point it will just be good to get the fight on. EH will do a good job and he wants to impress Lopez jr and snr to try and get the Haney Unification fight.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts