• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kambosos Jr on Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Camden born and bred
402 Posts
The whole thing seems a complete shitshow. It makes you appreciate how even mediocre promoters like Warren etc can at least put a show on. Money is no substitute for actual experience.
Frank Warren has been in the boxing business longer than you have been on this earth princess and if you are looking for mediocrity look no further than the nearest mirror.

If you had been around a bit longer and actually embraced the sport instead of wasted your time trolling I wouldn't have to list these names for you to look up in Wikipedia.

Frank Bruno, Steve Collins, Naseem Hamed, Nigel Benn, Joe Calzaghe, Chris Eubank Snr, Ricky Hatton and here's some you might have even heard of Tyson Fury, Amir Khan, Josh Warrington, Billy Joe Saunders.

See if you can find out what they have in common

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
That Chinese heavyweight Zheli Zhang I think it's spelt (the guy who got a gift draw last time out) is back in the ring on this undercard, 8 rounder against some guy no one's heard of, might throw some money on the other guy, Zhang is appalling

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Perhaps not the shrewest of investments. Let us know what odds you get.
Currently 8/1, not bad. Can't remember Lopez having to pass a chin check yet, Loma caught him with a few shots in the second half but Loma isn't the yardstick really, he looked at least 1 weight class below Lopez on the night, so there's still an outstanding question but I don't expect Kambosos Jr to give us the answer either

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The final press conference slightly less lively than the kick-off one but a lot of passion and tempers flaring. The challenger accusing Lopez of having "changed" since he unified the Lightweight division and says that lots of people left him as a result including his former nutritionist. He also said the belts are a curse to Lopez.

I think he has changed but from me it isn't a criticism, I expect him to change he went from a contender to the number 1 35lbr in the world, I want him to act like he's the best in the world and no one can touch him.

But I've been looking past the Australian here and I shouldn't, he's never lost either and he did beat Selby and he looked big in the face off, I'll have another look at him at the weigh in tomorrow but what is noticeable is he never claimed he's going to stop Lopez, "victory by any means" was his response when asked what happens on Sat night so I think he knows he'll have to win it on points, he scraped through his last 2 bouts with narrow wins on the scorecards, if he's gonna do it a third time he'll have to set the animosity aside and also stay out of the way the first 3 minutes, give up the first round to stay in there.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If you click it'll take you straight to the Main Event portion but you can rewind it for the rest of the card, I watched it all, that Ford is really starting to annoy me, he thinks he's the bollocks but he hasn't done anything yet and didn't he lose or get held to a draw recently too? Too cocky but it looks forced like he's trying to be someone he's not (but I don't know him so maybe he's really like this), says he will despatch Martinez without any problem, I hope that fight gets made next so the Spaniard can show him that Galahad wasn't a one-off, show him what happens in boxing when you overlook people.

·
Camden born and bred
402 Posts
Lopez has let it be known he will be carrying an injury into the fight. Who does that? Is this a ploy?

I'm sure @Ar558a will believe him unreservedly because when a boxer claims an injury he is injured. End of story.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,388 Posts
Lopez has let it be known he will be carrying an injury into the fight. Who does that? Is this a ploy?

I'm sure @Ar558a will believe him unreservedly because when a boxer claims an injury he is injured. End of story.
Would seem odd for him to admit an injury pre fight, I'm think it's probably a minor thing but he is using it as a psychological weapon.

·
Camden born and bred
402 Posts
Would seem odd for him to admit an injury pre fight, I'm think it's probably a minor thing but he is using it as a psychological weapon.
Or there is no injury and it is a psychologocal ploy. Admitting an injury pre-fight when you actually have one is an unusual thing to do.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Champion: 135lbs
Challenger: 134.4lbs

Vid starts at Main Event weigh-in but rewind to see full results. The staredown was intense, Kambosos Jr looks very confident, Lopez says don't blink once the bell rings, looking forward to this one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I couldn't stop laughing when Kambosos Jr knocked Lopez over in the opening round, after all the "don't blink" and "it's not going past 1" talk beforehand how ironic the puncher hit the deck first, I still don't know what the official scores were for this one I'll have to jump on boxrec in a moment but I had it 114-112 for Kambosos Jr myself, I cannot believe they didn't take it from him either in NY, what a result for the Australian, truly against all odds.

Beats Comey and Loma then falls to Kambosos Jr, what a great sport boxing is, full credit to Kambosos Jr, I don't wanna hear NO excuses from Team Lopez in the next few days either, he won fair & square & was the better man on the night, Hearn says he has no options on Kambosos Jr but would like to make the Haney fight next but of course Haney has Diaz problems first, that's not a forgone conclusion either.

No rematch clause in place (if Lopez was with Matchroom he would of had one for sure) so that's it for Lopez for the time being at least, apparently he said he thought he won 10-2 lol I don't know if that's true but if that's what he said that 1st round knockdown did some serious damage

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I couldn't stop laughing when Kambosos Jr knocked Lopez over in the opening round, after all the "don't blink" and "it's not going past 1" talk beforehand how ironic the puncher hit the deck first, I still don't know what the official scores were for this one I'll have to jump on boxrec in a moment but I had it 114-112 for Kambosos Jr myself, I cannot believe they didn't take it from him either in NY, what a result for the Australian, truly against all odds.

Beats Comey and Loma then falls to Kambosos Jr, what a great sport boxing is, full credit to Kambosos Jr, I don't wanna hear NO excuses from Team Lopez in the next few days either, he won fair & square & was the better man on the night, Hearn says he has no options on Kambosos Jr but would like to make the Haney fight next but of course Haney has Diaz problems first, that's not a forgone conclusion either.

No rematch clause in place (if Lopez was with Matchroom he would of had one for sure) so that's it for Lopez for the time being at least, apparently he said he thought he won 10-2 lol I don't know if that's true but if that's what he said that 1st round knockdown did some serious damage
Officially
115-111 GK
115-112 GK
113-114 TL

I an understand him being off in the heat of the moment. But Lopez is delusional if he woke up today and still thinks he won it 10-2

http://instagr.am/p/CWz7UtKrexm/

41 - 60 of 69 Posts