·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Officially
115-111 GK
115-112 GK
113-114 TL

I an understand him being off in the heat of the moment. But Lopez is delusional if he woke up today and still thinks he won it 10-2

http://instagr.am/p/CWz7UtKrexm/
I rewatched the fight this evening and saw the whole DAZN replay, I just assumed he'd won a UD for once, this is his 3rd consecutive SD victory, that's a bit unusual for the same guy to keep getting the rub of the green away from home but I couldn't see any case for Lopez winning if I'm honest. I watched an interview with the new Lightweight king that was recorded today and he said he wants Haney next if he beats Diaz Jr but that it has to be in Australia. There seemed to be an admission in there from Kambosos Jr that he isn't undisputed yet, I accept him as undisputed but if he doesn't then I'll have to go with what he says.

I then made the mistake of watching an interview with Lopez's father (who I learned today is also called Teofimo) and he must be the most delusional trainer in boxing today. He was rambling, blaming DAZN for the loss, blaming everyone but himself, he went from Kambosos Jr didn't win a round to he won 2 rounds at most to 4 rounds at most (all in the space of the 8 min interview), he even claimed his son "slipped" in the first round hahaha the ONLY admission of guilt on his part was that he kept his son at 135 too long and so he's ruled out a rematch and says his son will move to 140 immediately. A terrible interview but this is why Lopez Jr thinks he won 10 rounds.

I then watched an interview with the IBO Lightweight champ and he didn't hold back criticising Lopez Sr's corner instructions but it's no wonder his son thought he was ahead, he needs a new trainer one who isn't delusional.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I rewatched the fight this evening and saw the whole DAZN replay, I just assumed he'd won a UD for once, this is his 3rd consecutive SD victory, that's a bit unusual for the same guy to keep getting the rub of the green away from home but I couldn't see any case for Lopez winning if I'm honest. I watched an interview with the new Lightweight king that was recorded today and he said he wants Haney next if he beats Diaz Jr but that it has to be in Australia. There seemed to be an admission in there from Kambosos Jr that he isn't undisputed yet, I accept him as undisputed but if he doesn't then I'll have to go with what he says.

I then made the mistake of watching an interview with Lopez's father (who I learned today is also called Teofimo) and he must be the most delusional trainer in boxing today. He was rambling, blaming DAZN for the loss, blaming everyone but himself, he went from Kambosos Jr didn't win a round to he won 2 rounds at most to 4 rounds at most (all in the space of the 8 min interview), he even claimed his son "slipped" in the first round hahaha the ONLY admission of guilt on his part was that he kept his son at 135 too long and so he's ruled out a rematch and says his son will move to 140 immediately. A terrible interview but this is why Lopez Jr thinks he won 10 rounds.

I then watched an interview with the IBO Lightweight champ and he didn't hold back criticising Lopez Sr's corner instructions but it's no wonder his son thought he was ahead, he needs a new trainer one who isn't delusional.

I think I'm listening to the same interview now. Haven't got to the Haney part yet though.
I'd actually like to see GK get a nice homecoming with a top 10 type guy then bring Haney down under for all the marbles.

Kambosos VS Haney has to happen in Aus. Haney has the WBC but he's nowhere near a big enough star to make GK travel for him... Actually GK VS Anyone needs to be in Aus. Tank and Garcia are bigger stars but a 3 belt unified champion doesn't need to travel for anyone.

Outside of that, I'm pretty confident GK will do big numbers in Sydney. There will be plenty of money to go around to make it worth while for all involved.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
i
I think I'm listening to the same interview now. Haven't got to the Haney part yet though.
I'd actually like to see GK get a nice homecoming with a top 10 type guy then bring Haney down under for all the marbles.

Kambosos VS Haney has to happen in Aus. Haney has the WBC but he's nowhere near a big enough star to make GK travel for him... Actually GK VS Anyone needs to be in Aus. Tank and Garcia are bigger stars but a 3 belt unified champion doesn't need to travel for anyone.

Outside of that, I'm pretty confident GK will do big numbers in Sydney. There will be plenty of money to go around to make it worth while for all involved.
If it is the same interview you'll soon hear GK say that he can get 80'000 if he brings Haney over and yes quite right he's been on the road plenty enough, now he's calling the shots he's the number 1 Lightweight in the world and he deserves a homecoming and I also agree about him deserving a voluntary first too, stick in a rematch clause and he'll be fine, he's the A-side now, he's gone from an 8/1 underdog to the Ring Magazine's #1 in the space of 36 minutes, let's hope he doesn't fall the way of Ruiz Jr and Lopez Jr.

·
buff it good
5,165 Posts
George won clearly enough that there shouldn't be any dispute. One judge did see it the other way but only by a point and looking at his card, one round he appears to have made an error.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
i

If it is the same interview you'll soon hear GK say that he can get 80'000 if he brings Haney over and yes quite right he's been on the road plenty enough, now he's calling the shots he's the number 1 Lightweight in the world and he deserves a homecoming and I also agree about him deserving a voluntary first too, stick in a rematch clause and he'll be fine, he's the A-side now, he's gone from an 8/1 underdog to the Ring Magazine's #1 in the space of 36 minutes, let's hope he doesn't fall the way of Ruiz Jr and Lopez Jr.
80,000 is a huge stretch.
Jeff Horn VS Manny Pacquaio did 51,052 live attendance.
George's profile down under will without a doubt grow after his win... But Jeff Horn was about as biggest Aussie boxing star there was at the time and Pacman is a global star. So I wouldn't bet on him doing bigger numbers than what they achieved.

Though I could defo see Kambosos selling out a place like CommBank Stadium in Sydney. It's got a seated capacity of 30,000 in a footy field configuration. They'll also get a few thousand more seats out on the field as well. That would be epic! I'd definitely be up for that!!

He could even potentially get Tim Tszyu on the undercard. Tim is probably Aus' biggest star in the sport at the moment and has previously fought at CommBank Stadium as well. Though it didn't sell out as there were still covid restrictions in place.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Devastating New Australian Variant ‘Kambosos’ Detected In New York City Overnight

Muscle Combat sport Striking combat sports Sports equipment Chest

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

American Health officials announced today that a devastating Australian variant has reached North America, with one man nearly hospitalised in New York City last night.

Known by the Greek title ‘Kambosos’ – the Australian variant managed to take down Brooklyn native Teófimo Lopez in the first round of their lightweight title bout, and held on to win a split decision 115-111, 115-113, 113-114.

Contact tracing was being conducted to determine whether other citizens in the country might be suffering from health effects caused by Kambosos.

The health officials said their strategy is to stop as many residents from coming in contact with the Kambosos variant as possible.

Countries such as Israel, Belgium and Singapore have immediately implemented strict travel bans to prevent Kambosos from entering their community – after the world watched in horror as Teófimo Lopez’s body broke down on live television last, before the 24-year-old was rushed away to be examined by medical oficials.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Saturday on NBC’s “Weekend TODAY” that Kambosos is known to cause much more debilitating symptoms than previous variants that had turned up on their shores.

“Studies of those who have encountered Kambosos show are concerning” said Fauci.

“We are seeing reports of extreme exhaustion, completely compromised sinuses and in some cases cracked ribs”

“This is not like other variants. This is the unified WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight champion variant”

“This is Sparta”

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Devastating New Australian Variant ‘Kambosos’ Detected In New York City Overnight

View attachment 21436

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

American Health officials announced today that a devastating Australian variant has reached North America, with one man nearly hospitalised in New York City last night.

Known by the Greek title ‘Kambosos’ – the Australian variant managed to take down Brooklyn native Teófimo Lopez in the first round of their lightweight title bout, and held on to win a split decision 115-111, 115-113, 113-114.

Contact tracing was being conducted to determine whether other citizens in the country might be suffering from health effects caused by Kambosos.

The health officials said their strategy is to stop as many residents from coming in contact with the Kambosos variant as possible.

Countries such as Israel, Belgium and Singapore have immediately implemented strict travel bans to prevent Kambosos from entering their community – after the world watched in horror as Teófimo Lopez’s body broke down on live television last, before the 24-year-old was rushed away to be examined by medical oficials.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Saturday on NBC’s “Weekend TODAY” that Kambosos is known to cause much more debilitating symptoms than previous variants that had turned up on their shores.

“Studies of those who have encountered Kambosos show are concerning” said Fauci.

“We are seeing reports of extreme exhaustion, completely compromised sinuses and in some cases cracked ribs”

“This is not like other variants. This is the unified WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight champion variant”

“This is Sparta”

That's top drawer the whole nation must be on cloud nine right now and too right, keep em coming

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I wasn't logged in on the night of the fight and couldn't be fucked to do so for the rbr.

Lopez fought like an idiot. He could've won this fight, possibly even knocking out Kambosos but Kambosos successfully got under his skin.
Kambosos impressed me, I've seen him fight before and hadn't been impressed by him until this fight. Made me a fan.

I find it funny Loma had a bad plan for Lopez, who in turn had a bad plan (and what on earth was his corner doing?) for Kambosos. Hopefully Kambosos doesn't have a bad plan for whoever is next.

·
buff it good
5,165 Posts
I wasn't logged in on the night of the fight and couldn't be fucked to do so for the rbr.

Lopez fought like an idiot. He could've won this fight, possibly even knocking out Kambosos but Kambosos successfully got under his skin.
Kambosos impressed me, I've seen him fight before and hadn't been impressed by him until this fight. Made me a fan.

I find it funny Loma had a bad plan for Lopez, who in turn had a bad plan (and what on earth was his corner doing?) for Kambosos. Hopefully Kambosos doesn't have a bad plan for whoever is next.
The bad plan batten. Now that's a new concept.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
There are reports everywhere now that Lopez wasn't right going into the fight.
His family issues right? If so yes heard all about it and it is a legitimate distraction I won't lie but we can't take anything away from Kambosos Jr, he could have had his own problems also going in, if you're not able to perform then postpone the fight, we already saw 5 or 6 previously scheduled dates cancelled so 1 more wouldn't have bothered anyone at that point.

·
just loving boxing
120 Posts
His family issues right? If so yes heard all about it and it is a legitimate distraction I won't lie but we can't take anything away from Kambosos Jr, he could have had his own problems also going in, if you're not able to perform then postpone the fight, we already saw 5 or 6 previously scheduled dates cancelled so 1 more wouldn't have bothered anyone at that point.
I'm not trying to take anything away from Kambosos. Fair play to him. He talked the talk and walked the walk.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
In fact, if Lopez didn't have that life-threatening injury going into the fight, he would have won 14 rounds !

I know this to be true, because Dillian Whyte told me.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Arum says Lopez was in the hospital for four or five days after his loss to Kambosos and isn't even sure if he will fight again.

·
southpaw
535 Posts
what a fight between these two, didnt catch it live, didnt know anything about this kambosos boy, but he surely knows how to throw bombs! Lopez had it winning after that KO but he closed those last two rounds poorly and kambosos took his soul. exciting fight for foty

61 - 78 of 78 Posts