• Porter on Points

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Porter by KO/TKO/DQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I cant believe people think it was fixed, did people not see Crawford ask his corner "they have him up?" Like 4 times in a row his corner told him someone had him losing and Crawford came out crazy aggressive
Boxing seems to attract more than the average number of delusionals. There is always a minority claiming something outrageous regardless of how clearcut the result is.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
A great effort from Porter, personally only had him 1 behind at the time of the stoppage but that's another career wrecked by Crawford with Shawn Porter announcing his retirement from the sport following his first KO loss.

So another one for the Crawford highlight reel, that's 8 or 9 consecutive stoppage victories now and the 5th successful defence of the WBO title but the same question persists, when will Spence Jr put his 0 and his belts on the line? He was at the fight for once so that's a good sign but we didn't hear from him so don't know how the eye is healing up or when he might be back in the gym. We can't have another Brook/Khan situation or AJ/Wilder because we've seen what can happen in the meantime.

Ugas would be a decent fight and Josh Taylor would be even better imo but it's gotta be Spence Jr, that's the one we all want to see.

·
Fighting the Fury loving Scum
1,388 Posts
Nice fight, Porter made the best of his skills to really make Crawford work for it. I'm a little surprised his dad through the towel in when he did given Porter was competitive in every round up to the 10th but I presume he was 100% sure he wasn't gonna make to the end of the round. Crawford is one of those fighters who just can't spark public imagination despite a sparkling resume and it looks unlikely that Spence will actually fight him. Maybe he moves up to Super Welter if he can get a super fight with Charlo, although given Andrade can't get Charlo to fight him I doubt he will fight Crawford either.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
"I didn’t think it was close at all, to tell you the truth,” Crawford said during their post-fight press conference. “I was out there doing what I wanted to do. You know, and once I got the look that it was close, I had to turn it up in that round and that’s when I got the stoppage.”

See when Crawford's corner told him someone had him down he came out aggressive and knocked Porter down within 1 minute of the round

Same as when Floyd told Tank he was down on an unofficial card he got the stoppage the next round its scary when they can just turn it up when they want

41 - 50 of 50 Posts