Boxing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Top Rank alleging the company was deliberately not building him into a PPV star. Crawford claims in the lawsuit that Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum displays a “revolting racial bias” against black fighters and charges Top Rank with “systemic racism” that runs throughout the company.
Arum told the New York Post that he lost millions on Crawford and called the lawsuit absurd. “My whole career — I may have made mistakes — but one thing I cannot be accused of is being a racist. I have promoted scores of top black boxers,” said Arum.

This is a sad state of events. Both parties should just press on with their lives. Bud has only a limited about of years left at the top, and Arum has a limited amount of years left in life. They should just make an amicable split and push forward. I hate when people play the race card. Things tend to get very ugly.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Bob for sure hasn't done as much as he could with Bud.

But seems like a high bar to clear for Bud to win a lawsuit like that. Plus if he loses surely he'll be up for the legal costs of Top Rank.

Doesn't seem like the best move to me. But he obviously knows better than I do

·
Registered
14,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob for sure hasn't done as much as he could with Bud.

But seems like a high bar to clear for Bud to win a lawsuit like that. Plus if he loses surely he'll be up for the legal costs of Top Rank.

Doesn't seem like the best move to me. But he obviously knows better than I do
Yep. It also sidetracks his career. He's already in his 30's. There's no need no to to open a frivolous lawsuit at this time. I don't think he can prove racism.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Bud is a hard headed dude. He had ample opportunities to do business with AL who had most of the top Welterweights under his management, but Bud wanted to be contrarian. Now look at him.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Arum robbed Pacquiao against Bradley (whose black) and ended up making a trilogy so doesn't make sense

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Arum also publicly tried to keep Lopez’ purse against Kambosos low. So I’ve no doubt Bob can be a shit head. But this lawsuit seems silly

·
CHB NYC Delegate; Bob's weaver
19,865 Posts
He re-signed with Arum when he didn't have to; he has no case.

·
The Anti-Bully
13,190 Posts
There’s only one thing Arum cares about and it’s not race.

Crawford is huge waste of talent, the guy is next level but there was nothing compelling about his career to bring in the huge ppvs, boxers can’t just be good, they need a story too… Floyd wasn’t an entertaining boxer to the casuals but he was brash and obnoxious and a great heel.

To make this case against Arum he needs examples of things he did and decisions he made that can prove bias and neglect.

·
BAD MOTHERFUCKER
9,961 Posts
Bud's contention would be nearly impossible to prove, EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE.

Given that it has no basis in reality, Bud is flogging a dead horse here.

IF he wants to have a decent legacy and make some $$$, he needs to do whatever is necessary to make the Spence fight while it still matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts