Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can Frampton, quigg, Galahad and Munroe go? I could see them all going onto world level if it wasn't for the current class of champions.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Monroe has been at world level. For the others it'll be tricky, the lighter weights are usually full of tough Latinos.

·
Villan
12,455 Posts
I'd expect Jamie McDonnell to join the pack as well if he's unsuccessful in that WBC eliminator.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I think Frampton has the most potential out of the four but even then its tough ask to reach the very top, there is usually at deep worldwide talent pool at the weight.

·
Registered
23,541 Posts
I think so. He is big at the weight, and there isn't really much left in Europe for him.
I think it'd be a wise move, there's been talk of him struggling to make 118, I can't see him beating Cazares, even if Hugo is fighting above his natural weight class.

·
Registered
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Framptons shown more ability to adapt his style when needed which is great, it's just with people like rigondeux and donaire I don't think they'll reach that level. I think the 4 British fighter will all go at eachother before then anyway, quigg vs Munroe is hopefully a good start.

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
As it stands, can't see any of then developing to the point where they could beat Nishioka, Donaire or Rigondeaux.

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
I think it'd be a wise move, there's been talk of him struggling to make 118, I can't see him beating Cazares, even if Hugo is fighting above his natural weight class.
Is it happening then? Jamie'll take Cazares, who is pretty average at what is his natural weight and wasn't even all that pummelling midgets.

·
I SMELL PUSSY!!!
14,804 Posts
Frampton is the only one with a chance of one day winning a title imo, and that depends on if he reaches his potential, and who's left in the division when he gets there.

·
Registered
21,885 Posts
Monroe has been at world level. For the others it'll be tricky, the lighter weights are usually full of tough Latinos.
Aye, on average they're a few inches shorter than us so they have a massive pool of talent to choose from. Same with the Asians.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If Quigg beats Munroe (it's a big if as well) Then Quigg/Frampton has to happen. Certainly my favourite division in Britain at the moment. I just think we haven't really seen Frampton in with anyone yet. At least Quigg made old warhorse Booth quit.

·
Registered
18,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't be too hasty to forget Galahad now guys, looked very impressive recently. He needs to step in with a bigger name now, just to raise peoples eyebrows

1 - 20 of 53 Posts