Boxing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
23,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy birthday to Britain's best fighter, The Cobra turned 35 today.

Still at the peak of his powers though, as shown below where he got him some bute. :yep

Looks like Bute might want the rematch early next year..

Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn is deep in negotiations with Lucian Bute's team for a possible rematch against IBF champion Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) in the early part of next year.

Froch, 34, blasted Bute out in five rounds in May to take his coveted title and the Canadian has avoided an immediate return to possibly get back to winning ways before fighting the 'Cobra' in 2013, according to Hearn.

"I have had lengthy discussions with Lucian Bute's team this week and it's likely the rematch will take place early in 2013 in Montreal," Hearn told thisisnottingham.co.uk.

In the meantime, Froch will concentrate on sealing a revenge mission himself against former WBC champion Mikkel Kessler and Hearn hopes to seal a deal to give his fighter home advantage in Nottingham.

"There has been plenty of hype around the Kessler fight," said Hearn. "It's a fight we all want, but sometimes making a fight of this magnitude isn't always easy.

"Carl would step into the ring with Mikkel at any moment, but meeting his financial demands may cause more of an issue.

"Either way the fight will happen, this year or the next. It's too big a fight and occasion to miss out on."

· Registered
7,307 Posts
Legendary.

Only Ward has beaten him on my cards and that's no shame.

If he can stop Kessler in a rematch I think he overtakes Calzaghe as a SMW.

If he can beat the winner of Ward-Dawson I'd happily call him the goat SMW.

· Registered
502 Posts
It's brilliant how the options have opened up for him since laying waste to Bute. Hopefully Hearn can get Kessler over in Nottingham for October with Brook-Saldivia on the undercard. Froch might just be my favourite all-time fighter, especially if he were to stop Bute in front of some rabid Canadians next year:yep

· Registered
23,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Who is then? Wait let me guess..Brook? :-( It's not even a bias thing Migs, Froch has clearly proven it.

:happy
Where an when has Froch shown skills mate???...He's shown brawn and balls.....

We all know i rate Brook, and I'm not getting into that kidda.....Even at this stage Eubank jr is more skilled than Froch.

· Registered
23,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where an when has Froch shown skills mate???...He's shown brawn and balls.....

We all know i rate Brook, and I'm not getting into that kidda.....Even at this stage Eubank jr is more skilled than Froch.
:rofl:rofl This takes the prize, for the most delusional post I've ever read on a Boxing forum.

As for Froch's skills..World Championship Bronze medal, schooled Abraham, jabbed Pascal' head off in some rounds, out-boxed Kessler until he decided to get into a brawl, out-boxed Bute...Need I go on?

Frochys skills are massively underrated, very good jab, punches from strange angles and is awkward as hell.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.