Boxing Forums banner

Who Will Win it All?

31461 - 31480 of 31505 Posts

·
Registered
14,151 Posts
A few things:
Wall makes 44 million a year, and he is a part time player. He's out of shape and injury - prone now. Pretty much u tradeable.
Kyrie is just a headache. No one wants that. He is untradeable too.
Lonzo is a good pg and a very good defender. He has great court vision. He also defers to other players, which is fine on this team, as it has Demar and Zach. He just has to play his game to be effective and not try to do too much.
Billy Donovan has steadily gotten better as a coach and he is connecting with his team.
Coby White's days in Chicago are numbered. He is too erratic and plays selfishly, like he just wants to get a good stat line.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,041 Posts
Yay, Lonzo's team is saying nice things about him. Guess that means he's an all-star now. :)

Lonzo doesn't dribble, Bama. He runs, catches, and shoots. All of his assists are in transition; his role on the team is to camp behind the line and wait for the D to collapse on Zach, Demar, and Vucevic. He puts the ball on the floor and his percentage PLUMMETS. Again, just look at the numbers, Bama. His entire offensive output is generated from behind the line. He's a volume 3pt shooter.

He's found his niche and that's good for him. No reason for you to come in here talking some sort of moron and embarrassing yourself.
lol, yeah lonzo's coach and star team mate stress how important he is, means nothing, absolutely nothing. Thanks stevie for the input.

You said lonzo doesn't score after he dribbles, now you say he doesn't dribble, which is it?
He runs, he catches and shoots, he takes the ball up court, he pushes in transition, and now that he is back to being a threat from the 3, like he was in college, he actually has a nice pick and roll game since they have to play him.

Yes he gets assists in transition, thats when he is at his most potent, pushing the fast break.
He puts the ball on the floor and his percentages in what plummet? He gets dimes, he is a 40+% 3pt shooter, so what if he gets the majority of his points from the 3, 3s are better than 2s.

I'm talking like a moron because I said Lonzo and Melo will be all-stars this year. LOL.

You must have been looking for a hill to die on today.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,041 Posts
A few things:
Wall makes 44 million a year, and he is a part time player. He's out of shape and injury - prone now. Pretty much u tradeable.
Lonzo is a good pg and a very good defender. He has great court vision. He also defers to other players, which is fine on this team, as it has Demar and Zach. He just has to play his game to be effective and not try to do too much.
Billy Donovan has steadily gotten better as a coach and he is connecting with his team.
Coby White's days in Chicago are numbered. He is too erratic and plays selfishly, like he just wants to get a good stat line.
I think playing with the 2nd unit, and under Donovan will help him mature into a better player.

·
CHB NYC Delegate; Bob's weaver
19,467 Posts
A few things:
Yes, Kyrie and Wall are both untradable...which is exactly why this might be the only move available. John Wall is a full time player who got hurt; it happens. He played solid ball on a bad team last year. Kyrie is healthy and choosing not to play. I'd take Wall and gamble that he'd be motivated to compete for a title, which he's never had the opportunity to do.

Lonzo is average and that's it. He has no choice but to defer; what else is he supposed to do? He can't do anything except catch, shoot, and defend. 3 and D player and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

·
19,467 Posts
lol, yeah lonzo's coach and star team mate stress how important he is, means nothing, absolutely nothing. Thanks stevie for the input.

You said lonzo doesn't score after he dribbles, now you say he doesn't dribble, which is it?
He runs, he catches and shoots, he takes the ball up court, he pushes in transition, and now that he is back to being a threat from the 3, like he was in college, he actually has a nice pick and roll game since they have to play him.

Yes he gets assists in transition, thats when he is at his most potent, pushing the fast break.
He puts the ball on the floor and his percentages in what plummet? He gets dimes, he is a 40+% 3pt shooter, so what if he gets the majority of his points from the 3, 3s are better than 2s.

I'm talking like a moron because I said Lonzo and Melo will be all-stars this year. LOL.

You must have been looking for a hill to die on today.
If Lonzo is an All-Star this year, I will never post in this thread again until the season is over.

·
The World's Great Lover
34,041 Posts
If Lonzo is an All-Star this year, I will never post in this thread again until the season is over.
if thats what deal you want to make cool

·
19,467 Posts
if thats what deal you want to make cool
Yup. He has zero chance of being an all-star this season, even if the league went back to breaking it down by five positions. Not even close.

·
19,467 Posts
Tyrese Maxey, though...

·
19,467 Posts
There's not a lot of very good pgs in the East. Be wary of this bet.
There's better pgs in every game I watch. Van Vleet and Maxey played earlier tonight and are better. Seth Curry is better. Tyler Herro is better and he's on right now. Brogdon put up 30 tonight. Etc. Etc.

...You aren't seriously entertaining this, are you?

·
The World's Great Lover
34,041 Posts

Reactions: steviebruno

·
19,467 Posts
Two sons will be filthy rich and will never want for anything. Hell, they're set for the next five generations. One of his even has all-star talent and will probably end up in the hall of fame.

He's done well. Get paid, black man.

·
19,467 Posts
Denins Shroder for MVP!!

·
19,467 Posts
He might be the of that Boston needed. They still need to trade Tatum's ball-chucking ass.
Man, I wouldn't give up on Tatum until he's in the final year of his deal. He has so much talent and you just have to hope that he figures out how to use it in a way that makes his teammates better.

... I watched most of the Bulls/Warriors game trying to figure out what I'm missing about Lonzo. Very solid defender, but not a lockdown guy; he doesn't have the dog mentality for that. When someone paints a target on him, he can get got just like anyone else and he actually becomes less aggressive/confident when someone starts going off.

On offense, he mostly hangs behind the three point line while Zach and Demar go one on one. Half the time he doesn't even bring the ball up court. His team is saying nice things about him while not really trusting him to run the offense.

I feel like the Bulls paid him all of that money anticipating that he was going to build on the progress he made last year and take his game to another level. So far, he hasn't. With young players, you watch to see what new wrinkles they've added during the summer. I'm not seeing the improvement year-in year-out from him.

The Chicago Bulls aren't contenders unless they let their PG try to be the PG. Lonzo is a different kind of guy. If you want him to play with confidence, you have to show confidence in him... and it goes beyond saying nice things.

...So help me out. What am I not seeing?

·
Registered
14,151 Posts
Man, I wouldn't give up on Tatum until he's in the final year of his deal. He has so much talent and you just have to hope that he figures out how to use it in a way that makes his teammates better.

... I watched most of the Bulls/Warriors game trying to figure out what I'm missing about Lonzo. Very solid defender, but not a lockdown guy; he doesn't have the dog mentality for that. When someone paints a target on him, he can get got just like anyone else and he actually becomes less aggressive/confident when someone starts going off.

On offense, he mostly hangs behind the three point line while Zach and Demar go one on one. Half the time he doesn't even bring the ball up court. His team is saying nice things about him while not really trusting him to run the offense.

I feel like the Bulls paid him all of that money anticipating that he was going to build on the progress he made last year and take his game to another level. So far, he hasn't. With young players, you watch to see what new wrinkles they've added during the summer. I'm not seeing the improvement year-in year-out from him.

The Chicago Bulls aren't contenders unless they let their PG try to be the PG. Lonzo is a different kind of guy. If you want him to play with confidence, you have to show confidence in him... and it goes beyond saying nice things.

...So help me out. What am I not seeing?
Yes, they paid him for potential. Lets just give it some time. There is a reason there are 82 games in a season.

·
Registered
14,151 Posts
Honestly, Tatum is a very good player, but I think Brown is a bit better. The problem is that SF is both players best position. Tatum really wants to the "The Man", and he forces things too much. He puts too much focus on his offensive game. His passing game has suffered, and his defense has slipped. With that said, he's aver good young player, and the Celtics could get a lot for him.

·
19,467 Posts
Honestly, Tatum is a very good player, but I think Brown is a bit better. The problem is that SF is both players best position. Tatum really wants to the "The Man", and he forces things too much. He puts too much focus on his offensive game. His passing game has suffered, and his defense has slipped. With that said, he's aver good young player, and the Celtics could get a lot for him.
Brown may be a bit better right now, but the Celtics need to decide who they think is going to be the better player 3-5 years from now. By trading Tatum, the Celtics would be deciding that Jalen Brown is good enough to build a team around.

31461 - 31480 of 31505 Posts