Boxing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommy Morrison's son Trey Lippe went into his fight with Mike Balogun 18-0. Only to be blasted out inside 2 minutes.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
Probably the best thing that could have happened to Trey.

A good wake-up call.

I still think He's a serious prospect. Let's see what Freddy can do with him now.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Commentators curse : "Lippe very much in control in there" and one second later, boom, Lippe is on the end of one and on the canvas.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
^ I'm so tired of seeing pro boxers with thick beards. It's obviously not a fashion statement.

Pussies.

Why not just strap a groin protector to your chin?

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
On a different note: Geez, who trains Balogun? For an ex football player, his footwork and overall technique is astonishingly good.

(Even if his beard is ridiculous.)

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
On a different note: Geez, who trains Balogun? For an ax football player, his footwork and overall technique is astonishingly good.

(Even if his beard is ridiculous.)
He is trained by a local veteran Coach in Maryland by the name of Zeke Thompson.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
That dude looks an awful lot like Nazim Richardson.
Maybe he trains like Naz did, too !

- Although I don't see any defensive movement with that mitt work. Still, Balogun's defense during the fight was very respectible, so what do I know? lol....

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
That dude looks an awful lot like Nazim Richardson.
Maybe he trains like Naz did, too !

- Although I don't see any defensive movement with that mitt work. Still, Balogun's defense during the fight was very respectible, so what do I know? lol....
Zeke Thompson is part of a dying breed. Old school coaches who payed there dues know the game inside out and who mainly got into boxing coaching to help keep the youth of the street. They chug away in relative obscurity.

Unfortunately if you are not based in one of the trendier locations of Califonia or Florida and you dont use Social Media no body will hear of you.

Adrian Davis from Washington.Dc. for example trained champions the likes of William Joppy, Keith Holmes, Sharmba Mitchell, Demarcus Corley, Hasim Rahman and even Sugar Ray Leonard for a comeback fight. But never got the media attention because he was not based were all the top Boxing journalists were located.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts